Joe's practice is in the general corporate | commercial area, including private equity and corporate governance.
Joe provides advice to private and public companies and major public institutions concerning general corporate matters, the drafting and negotiation of contracts and agreements, private M&A, private equity fund formation, corporate governance and compliance.
• Counsel to numerous U.S. private equity funds setting up parallel funds/alternative investment vehicles in Alberta, focusing on global transactions in numerous sectors, including distressed assets
• Counsel to a Canada/U.S. cross-border private equity fund focused on the Canadian energy sector
• Counsel to numerous companies regarding private M&A transactions
• General commercial law practice, including corporate governance and compliance matters
• Selected as one of Calgary's Top 40 Under 40
Honors and Awards
• Hon. Consul, Consulate of Sweden, Calgary & Southern Alberta
In the Media
• Total Renewal, the Calgary Chamber of Commerce inaugurates its new chair of the board Joe Lougheed, Business in Calgary, January 2013
• Joe Lougheed to chair new Calgary Chamber of Commerce board of directors, Calgary Herald, November 22, 2012
Activities and Affiliations
Community Involvement and Pro Bono
• Chair and Director, Calgary Chamber of Commerce
• Vice Chair and Member of the Board of Governors, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
• Member, Board of Directors, United Way of Calgary & Chair, Public Policy Committee
• Campaign Cabinet Member, Queen's University Initiative Capital Campaign
• Volunteer Speaker, Canadian Board Diversity Council
• Former Director: Heritage Park Foundation, Developmental Disabilities Resource Centre, Kids Help Phone (Alberta Advisory Committee), Queen's University Board of Trustees & Alberta Lung Association as well as support for numerous arts and culture organizations in Alberta.