John Cherrington is an associate with Lindsay Kenney LLP primarily known as an estate lawyer and as a trademark and intellectual property lawyer in Langley. John has practised law since 1976, serving clients throughout the Fraser Valley. His solicitor's practice comprises business law, commercial real estate, and wills and estates, and his clients include many small to medium sized Valley-based corporations. He is well known as a property law lawyer, as well as a trust fund lawyer, in Langley, handling all relevant matters including last will, probate and estate tax law. John also handles many matters as a trademark, patent and copyright lawyer in Langley.
Mr. Cherrington is very actively involved in Fraser Valley community initiatives. He is currently chair of the Fort Langley Legacy Foundation and also served as founding chair for the Langley Heritage Commission. A writer with an interest in local history, John has authored three publications: Mission On The Fraser, 1974; The Fraser Valley: A History, 1992; and Vancouver At The Dawn, 1997. Outside of his law practice in the Fraser Valley, he also enjoys travel and photography.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Continuing Legal Education, Course on Law Firm Management, 1996
- Author, three historical publications: Mission On The Fraser; The Fraser Valley: A History; and Vancouver At The Dawn
- Founding Chair, General Practitioners Subsection of B.C. Branch of Canadian Bar Association, Lower Mainland
- Founding Chair, Langley Heritage Commission
- Current Chair, Fort Langley Legacy Foundation