JOHN A. GREENHALL is the Secretary of Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC as well as a Shareholder and member of the Board of Directors. In addition, he is a Partner in the Firm's Construction Group. John has been with the Firm since its inception, starting as the sole associate. He served as Managing Partner from 2000 through the end of 2010.
John's clients hail from all areas of the construction industry and include general contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, sureties and owners. He has handled cases on both the state and federal levels in a multitude of jurisdictions, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Virginia, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Florida and West Virginia. He has argued cases on the appellate levels in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia and Minnesota. John is also a proponent of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) processes including mediation, arbitration and "mini-trials". He has arbitrated numerous construction disputes and has been selected to serve on the commercial arbitration panel of the American Arbitration Association. He has also mediated in dozens of cases in this arena. He is adept in negotiating contracts and responding to questions that arise during the construction process. In addition, John has developed a growing E-discovery practice.
John has served as general counsel to the Delaware Valley Association of Structural Engineers. He has frequently lectured and written on topics that include construction claim documentation, contracts, suretyship, indemnity agreements, alternate dispute resolution and construction delay claims.
· Philadelphia Bar Association
· Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA)
· New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA)
· American Bar Association (ABA) - Member; Forum on the Construction Industry, and Tort and Insurance Practice Section (Fidelity and Surety Law Committee)
· National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA)
· National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA)
· U.S. Green Building Council New Jersey Chapter
· Delaware Valley Green Building Council (DVGBC)
· American Institute of Architects, Philadelphia Chapter (AIA)
Awards & Recognition
· John was named a Super Lawyer in the field of Construction Law by Law & Politics Magazine in the 2009 Corporate Counsel edition and a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in the field of Construction Litigation in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Law & Politics Magazine publishes Super Lawyers annually to recognize accomplished lawyers in more than 70 areas of practice.
· John has achieved an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating for professional ethical standards and legal ability by Martindale-Hubbell.