John A. Loveman practices in the areas of real estate, professional liability and construction law. Mr. Loveman represents both plaintiffs and defendants in all aspects of real estate litigation, transactions, counseling and alternative dispute resolution. He also represents a variety of professionals and their insurers in professional liability actions and represents design professionals, construction managers, developers, contractors and subcontractors in construction defect and delay litigation, and defends architects, engineers and other design professionals against error and omission claims.
A member of the Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada, Mr. Loveman is a 2002 graduate of the University of California, Hastings College of the Law and a graduate of the University of Montana. During law school, Mr. Loveman served as a judicial extern to Judge Sidney R. Thomas of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
· Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2006-present
· Hancock Rothert & Bunshoft LLP
- Associate, 2005
· Severson & Werson PC
- Associate, 2002-2005
· Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada
· "Understanding Contractual Indemnity and Defense Obligations Under California Construction Law," Building & Bonding: The Construction Group Newsletter, Fall 2010
· Co-author, "Do You Need to Read the Warranty First? Los Angeles Daily Journal, July 22, 2010
· Co-author, "California Voters Pass Eminent Domain Reform: Impact Limited," Duane Morris Alert, June 5, 2008
· Co-author, "California to Vote Again on Eminent Domain Restrictions," Duane Morris Alert, March 28, 2008