John C. Jeppsen focuses his practice on corporate and securities law, public offerings and private placements, mergers and acquisitions, and other sophisticated finance transactions. John regularly advises public companies on Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting obligations including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, stock exchange listing rules and corporate governance matters.
Areas of Concentration
· Corporate law and governance
· Public and private offerings of equity and debt
· Financing transactions
· SEC reporting and compliance obligations
Professional & Community Involvement
· Board Member, Westcare Nevada, Inc.
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Clark County Bar Association
· Member, State Bar of Nevada, Business Law Section, Executive Committee
· Member, State Bar of Utah
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2012-2014
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Listed, Nevada Business magazine, "Legal Elite," 2009 and 2013
· Represented real estate investment company in connection with $1.0 billion reorganization and roll-up transaction.
· Represented developer in $175 million refinancing transaction.
· Represented publicly traded hotel-casinos in merger and sale transactions to international casino conglomerate.
· Represented publicly traded company in the strategic combination of several gaming manufacturing companies.
· Represented senior assisted-living company in $100 million roll-up transaction.
· Represented retail clothing business in $40 million sale transaction with strategic investment fund.
· Represented automobile dealer in merger and sale transaction to publicly traded automobile dealer conglomerate.
· Represented seller of major Las Vegas showroom.
· Represented developer in special improvement district bond financings.
Some of the above representations were handled by Mr. Jeppsen prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
John is a frequent lecturer at continuing professional education programs on financing alternatives and Nevada corporate law matters.
· Speaker, "Doing Business in Nevada," Corporate Practice Series Portfolio, The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc., September 2010