John D. Berchild, Jr. is Of Counsel in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group and member of the Transactional Finance Lending Team in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Berchild specializes in commercial law with an emphasis on lender representation in secured and unsecured personal property transactions, asset-based financing, personal property leasing, leveraged acquisitions and bankruptcy.
Bank of America, The CIT Group Companies, Citicorp North America, Farm Credit Bank, CoBank, Honda Finance, Nissan Credit, La Salle Business Credit, Toyota Motor Credit, Pitney Bowes Credit Corporation, U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo Bank, Union Bank of California
· Best Lawyers in America, 2008, 2009, and 2011
· Southern California Super Lawyer, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
· Recognized as one of the country's top leading banking and finance lawyers by Chambers & Partners' 2006
· Law Firm Teaches Corporate Transactions 101, July 27, 2006
· Authored and coauthored various articles dealing with commercial law, including Norton, Gillespie & Rice, Commercial Finance Guide (Chapter on Security Interests in Equipment and Fixtures) and Ruda, Asset Based Financing (Chapters on Equipment Financing, Chattel Paper Financing and Equipment Leasing)
· Lectures on various aspects of commercial law for the California Committee on Continuing Legal Education, the SMU School of Law Annual Institute on Commercial Lending, the Bank Lending Institute, Executive Enterprises, the Practicing Law Institute and various sections of the American and Los Angeles County Bar Associations