Mr. Trice, a member of Kutak Rock's Litigation Practice Group working out of the firm's Fayetteville office, is an accomplished litigator with over 19 years of experience.
Mr. Trice has devoted his legal career to civil litigation and focuses his practice on complex commercial, construction, trucking, products liability, professional liability, class action and mass tort litigation. He has extensive trial experience as lead counsel in both federal and state courts throughout Arkansas. He also has experience as National Coordinating Counsel in coordinating and managing complex litigation, electronic discovery, electronic document retention, and litigation hold procedures.
Mr. Trice has tried or resolved cases involving complex commercial litigation; corporate and business litigation; professional liability defense; construction and real estate litigation; automobile and trucking litigation; products liability defense; class action, mass tort and catastrophic personal injury defense; insurance law; bankruptcy litigation; and environmental litigation. He has represented clients in regulatory and administrative proceedings before various federal and state administrative agencies. He also has extensive experience with alternative dispute resolution including mediation and arbitration.
Mr. Trice represents a broad array of litigation and business clients ranging from local individuals and businesses to major insurance and Fortune 500 companies.
• Representation and defense of individuals and companies in commercial and business litigation including breach of contracts; breach of warranty; defamation; distributor, dealer, sales agent, franchise and license agreement litigation; partnership and joint venture disputes; real estate disputes; claims arising out of fraudulent and deceptive trade practices; commercial disputes arising out of the sale of goods or services; and similar matters arising out of the sale of a business.
• Representation and defense of construction lenders, developers, sellers, general contractors, subcontractors, professionals, consultants, architects, engineers and other design professionals in claims alleging design and construction defects, other errors and omissions, personal injury, death, property damage, mold contamination, and violation of building codes and other regulatory compliance in commercial and residential construction, subdivision developments, condominiums, townhouses and multifamily apartment complexes.
• Representation and defense of owners, general contractors, construction managers, engineers, architects, subcontractors and material suppliers in claims for breach of contract, statutory warranty, negligence, fraud, strict liability, extras, delay, disruption, loss of productivity, out-of-scope work and claims involving mechanic's liens.
• Representation and defense of companies, their officers, directors and shareholders/members in securities litigation; shareholder derivative litigation; state-law contract, fraud and fiduciary duty litigation; merger and takeover-related litigation; insurance-related litigation; class action litigation; bankruptcy-related litigation; and litigation involving protection and theft of trade secrets and confidential information, enforcement or resisting enforcement of covenants not to compete, and protection of other interests such as licenses, copyrights, trademarks and corporate opportunities.
• Representation of corporate clients in connection with investigations into alleged accounting irregularities and improper business practices, including investigations undertaken in conjunction with federal regulatory agencies.
• Representation and defense of corporations, issuers, directors, officers, majority shareholders, underwriters, brokerage firms, architects, engineers, banks, financial institutions, accounting firms, insurance brokers/agents, real estate brokers/agents, attorneys and insurers in claims covered by comprehensive general liability, errors and omissions and malpractice polices.
• Representation and defense of manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, installers and dealers of consumer and commercial products, such as automobiles, trucks, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, personal water craft, boats, factory and industrial equipment, tractors, mowers, agricultural equipment, power tools and toxic chemicals in claims involving allegations of defective design, manufacturing, warning, instruction and/or materials relating to such products including accident reconstruction/causation, biomechanics (impact on human users/operators of the product), alternative designs, product comparisons, safety devices, product history, product utilization and benefit.
• Representation and defense of insurers and their insureds in personal injury and property damage claims arising from automobile collisions, tractor/trailer accidents, bus accidents, motorcycle accidents, fires, events of nature, and other serious accidents involving claims of wrongful death, brain injury and other catastrophic personal injury.
• Representation and defense of insurance companies in first-party and third-party bad faith actions; claims arising under general liability, professional liability, builder's risk and first-party property policies; matters involving fidelity and surety bonds and payment and performance bonds; and coverage issues, including declaratory judgment, reservation of rights and general coverage questions that arise in such areas as theft, permissive use, excluded and included events, loss limitations, intentional versus unintentional acts, verbal tortious conduct, business conduct, stacking policies, uninsured and underinsured motorist protection and the policy language construction.
• Representation and defense of individuals and businesses in premises liability claims including slip and fall accidents, falling merchandise, wrongful prosecution, lack of adequate security or lighting, claims of false imprisonment and claims for property damage.
• Representation and defense of individuals and businesses in complex environmental litigation matters, including the defense of government and private cost recovery actions, regulatory compliance lawsuits, Superfund litigation and criminal actions.
• Representation and defense of corporate clients in coordinating and managing complex litigation and discovery/ediscovery; assessing data and information systems in the context of litigation and electronic discovery; developing electronically stored information, document retention, and litigation hold policies and procedures; and complying with industry specific requirements such as HIPPA, OSHA and SEC regulations.
January 27, 2012 No Employer Liability in Third-Party Tort Actions Downey v. Western Comty. College Area, 282 Neb. 970 (2012)
January 27, 2012 No Employer Liability in Third-Party Tort Actions