Jack Almond specializes in the trial of business and corporate matters. He has decades of experience in both defending and prosecuting business cases in jury trials, in bench trials, and in arbitrations.
He has been recognized by Atlanta Magazine in its list of "Georgia Super Lawyers" and is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America in the categories of Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Banking & Finance, and Litigation - Real Estate.
Jack is a Master in, and past-President of, the Bleckley Inn of Court, affiliated with the Georgia State University College of Law; a member of the Business Litigation Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia; and a frequent speaker on litigation practice and procedure topics.
He earned his B.A. degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Cincinnati, and his law degree from The University of Chicago, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of The University of Chicago Law Review. He clerked for the Honorable John Minor Wisdom on the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Successfully prosecuted to jury verdict and recovery libel claims brought by former managers of a computer hardware firm against the firm's Chairman/CEO.
- Successfully defended a medical device development company and its largest shareholder in arbitration over potentially ruinous claims brought by a technology licensor.
- Successfully prosecuted to jury verdict and recovery the claims of a European manufacturer and its U. S. subsidiary against an American auditing firm.
- Through the successful prosecution of two lawsuits to jury verdict and judgment, restored ownership and control of a privately-held hospitality company to its rightful owners.
- Successfully prosecuted in arbitration substantial claims of an investment advisory professional over the financial terms of departure from her former firm.
- Represented a major developer of medical office buildings in litigation and favorable settlement of the terms of separation from a former partner.
- Recently prosecuted successfully the arbitration claims of a golf club management company against the club owner, asserting a fundamental breach of the parties' long-term agreement.
Professional & Community Activities
- Master and Past-President of Bleckley Inn of Court, Georgia State University College of Law
Speeches & Presentations
- Presentation on September 3, 2009 to judges of the Business Division of the Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia comparing Georgia and Delaware law regarding shareholder derivative actions
- Presentation on November 6, 2008 to judges of the Business Division of the Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia on Fiduciary Duties, The Business Judgment Rule, and Other Issues
- Atlanta Magazine's Georgia Super Lawyers/Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation)
- Named Legal Leader by Chambers USA (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America (Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Banking & Finance, and Litigation - Real Estate)
Nineteen Rogers & Hardin Lawyers Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013
Rogers & Hardin Partners and Firm Ranked by Chambers USA 2012
Thirteen Lawyers from R&H Recognized in 3rd Annual Georgia's Best Lawyers
Rogers & Hardin Lawyers Recognized in 2012 edition of Georgia's Top Rated Lawyers
Rogers & Hardin Partners Named as Top Lawyers in Annual Guide to Commercial Litigation
Thirteen Rogers & Hardin Partners Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2012
Rogers & Hardin Partners and Firm Ranked by Chambers USA 2011
Rogers & Hardin Recognized in Georgia's Best Lawyers 2011 Edition
Twelve Rogers & Hardin Partners Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America 2011
Seven Rogers & Hardin Partners Listed in LITIGATION 2009
Rogers & Hardin Recognized in Best Lawyers in America 2010