John N. MacKay's principal areas of practice focus on commercial transactions and litigation, creditor - debtor rights, consumer law, and legal ethics. This includes representing financial institutions and businesses in corporate financing, securitizations, sales transactions, workouts and restructuring, statutory and regulatory compliance, risk management, consumer law, and in litigation and bankruptcy proceedings related to the foregoing.
· Best Lawyers in America, 2005 - 2014
· Best Lawyers "Toledo Banking & Finance Law Lawyer of the Year," 2013
· Toledo Business Journal, "Who's Who in Toledo Area Law"
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and Community Affiliations
· American Inns of Court, Morrison R. Waite Chapter, Master, Executive Committee
· Toledo Bar Association
· Ohio State Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· Ohio State Bar Association Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, 2001-present, Chairman 2005-2007, with an interest in policies affecting the delivery of legal services
· The University of Toledo College of Law for Commercial Transactions, Payment Systems, and Legal Drafting, past Adjunct Faculty
· Toledo Bar Association Grievance Committee, former Member, prosecuting grievance complaints
Banking and Financial Institutions
Public Law and Public Finance