- Food & Agribusiness
- Agribusiness Finance
- Banking & Finance
- Consumer Financial Services
|Contact Info||Telephone: 314.345.6415|
|University ||University of Virginia, B.A., 1979|
|Law School||Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 1983 Northwestern University Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Editorial Board|
|Admitted||1983, Missouri; 1984, Illinois|
John is a member of Husch Blackwell's Food & Agribusiness industry team and has built a career locally and nationally in commercial and agribusiness finance and real estate transactions for various institutions, corporations and individuals. He has guided lending institutions in the origination, servicing and closing of more than $10 billion in real estate and commercial loans involving farms, office buildings, shopping centers, apartment complexes, ranches, wineries, vineyards, timber operations and special-use facilities. He also is a member of the American Agricultural Law Association. John's work has included:
· Representation of a family of life insurance companies in the origination and servicing of more than $5 billion in commercial, agricultural loans secured by properties in more than 30 states.
· Representation of an insurance company in the origination of more than 300 commercial mortgage loans secured by properties of all types from coast to coast.
· Representation of a national bank in the workout, foreclosure, disposition and resolution of a portfolio of delinquent commercial mortgage loans totaling more than $3 billion.
Before joining the firm in 1993, John was assistant counsel at General American Life Insurance Co. and Counsel and First Vice President at First Nationwide Bank.
Awards & Recognitions
· American College of Real Estate Lawyers (
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
2013 Amendments to UCC Article 9 - Lenders May Need To Take Action
John P. McNearney, June 13, 2014
The National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws (“NCCUSL”) promulgated significant revisions to Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code (“UCC”) in 2010 (the “2010 Amendments”). Most of the states adopted those revisions in 2013 with an effective...
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#694 in weekly profile views out of 8,584 lawyers in St. Louis, Missouri|
|#133,092 in weekly profile views out of 1,510,377 total lawyers Overall|