John is a corporate attorney with more than 23 years of experience in the telecommunications industry. He currently serves incumbent and competitive local exchange carriers, cellular and interexchange companies, management consultants, and industry organizations throughout the United States. In addition, he counsels telecommunication holding companies as to regulatory matters and corporate acquisitions.
In the telecommunications industry, John has extensive experience in forming business alliances, in securities transactions and compliance, and in labor and employee matters. He has successfully closed local exchange company, toll resale, interconnect, cable, and cellular acquisitions, mergers, and divestitures. John previously served as general and managing attorney of Frontier Corporation. John's experience includes:
· Completing more than 55 acquisitions, mergers, and divestitures having a total value in excess of $1 billion.
· Advising clients respecting the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
· Redefining Frontier's ongoing relationship with AT&T in the post-1984 divestiture environment.
· Litigating and implementing the 1986 Stipulation with the New York Public Service Commission which permitted Frontier to undertake its successful acquisition programs.
Professional and Civic Activities
· Member, New York State Telephone Association (NYSTA)
· Member, Pennsylvania Telephone Association (PTA)
· Member, Organization for the Promotion and Advancement of Small Telephone Companies (OPATSCO)
· Board Member, Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra