John W. Hilbert, II has extensive experience representing large, medium-sized and small companies, both public and private in all stages of their corporate existence - from structuring and formation issues to complex acquisitions and dispositions. He has substantial experience in representing international companies in acquisitions of Ohio-based companies, companies, developers, and apartment owners in site acquisition and development, leasing transactions, construction activities for strip centers and shopping malls - all in the context of public and private financings.
He also practices in the areas of trade regulation and antitrust counseling.
Jack acts as special counsel for a number of Toledo area banks in their commercial business and real estate loan transactions. Through his representation of ventures as diverse as shopping centers, businesses and ESOP loans, he has gained an invaluable and unique insight into the lending process. He frequently negotiates loan transactions for clients, including commercial loans, HUD financed loans, state loans and SBA transactions. He also served as an instructor in real estate law at The University of Toledo for more than 15 years.
· Best Lawyers in America, 1995 - 2014
· Ohio Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2005, 2004
· Best Lawyers, "Toledo Corporate Lawyer of the Year," 2012
· Toledo Business Journal, "Who's Who in Toledo Area Law"
· Top Rated Lawyer in Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy, 2013
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and Community Affiliations
· Toledo Bar Association
· Ohio State Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· Ohio State Bar Association, Banking and Commercial Law Committee
Banking and Financial Institutions