John W. Kauffman focuses his practice on corporate and partnership law and securities regulation, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, Sarbanes-Oxley guidance, public and private equity financings, and bank and insurance company regulation. His practice includes counseling public companies and their management regarding ongoing compliance issues under the securities laws. Mr. Kauffman is a member of the Pennsylvania and Philadelphia bar associations and is the former chair of the Securities Regulation Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
Mr. Kauffman is a 1986 graduate of the University of California at Berkeley--Boalt Hall School of Law, a graduate of the University of California at Los Angeles, where he earned a master's degree, and a graduate of The Pennsylvania State University.
• Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 1997-present
- Associate, 1986-1997
Civic and Charitable Activities
• Elder, Wayne Presbyterian Church
• Co-author, U.S. Financial Reform: The Volcker Rule and Improvements in the Regulation of Banking Entities and Nonbank Financial Companies Supervised by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System , Duane Morris Alert, August 24, 2010
Selected Speaking Engagements
• Speaker, Raising Capital, Sensitive Disclosure Issues and Federal Securities Laws, ParenteBeard Hot Topics in Insurance Seminar, Paoli, Pennsylvania, September 19, 2012
• Speaker and Moderator, Certification Requirements of CEOs and CFOs in Connection with Public Company SEC Reports, Changes Related to Audit Committees and Independent Auditors, Accelerated Section 16 Reporting Requirements and Other Issues Relating to Corporate Governance and Loans to Insiders, roundtable discussion sponsored by the Philadelphia Bar Association, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, September 26, 2002.
• Speaker and Moderator, Convergence of Banking, Securities and Insurance Industries Under Gramm-Leach-Bliley, sponsored by the Securities Regulation Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Institute and the Philadelphia Bar Education Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, November 1, 2000
• Fundamental Changes in Regulation of Communications in Business Combination Transactions and Proxy Solicitations, Pennsylvania Bar Institute's 3rd Annual Federal Securities Law Forum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, April 7, 2000 and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, April 13, 2000
• Speaker, What Is a Security in seminar on Securities Law for Non-Securities Lawyers, sponsored by the Securities Regulation Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, September 14, 2001