Throughout his legal career, Jon has developed an extensive trial and appellate practice in the areas of product liability, toxic tort, construction, medical malpractice, automobile and trucking litigation, medical device and drug litigation, employment, and general insurance defense. He has represented a corporate client defending tens of thousands of asbestos lawsuits across the country as national coordinating counsel. Jon also represents product manufacturers, premises owners, and employers in toxic tort litigation.
Jon has trial experience in West Virginia, California, and New York. He also has briefed and argued appellate issues before the United States Supreme Court, West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, Ohio Supreme Court, Ohio Court of Appeals, and the California Court of Appeals.
Jon served as an Assistant National Bank Examiner for the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency from 1993 to 1995.
· International Association of Defense Counsel
· Defense Research Institute
· Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
Representative Reported Cases
· Darby v. A-Best Products, Inc., 811 N.E.2d 1117 (Ohio Supreme Court 2004)
· In re West Virginia Asbestos Litigation, 592 S.E.2d 818 (West Virginia Supreme Court 2003)
· Stafford EMS, Inc., v. J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. et al., 270 F.Supp.2d 773 (2003)