Jonathan A. Segal
is a partner at Duane Morris LLP in the Employment, Labor, Benefits and Immigration Practice Group. He is also the managing principal of the Duane Morris Institute. The Duane Morris Institute provides training for human resource professionals, in-house counsel, benefits administrators and managers at Duane Morris, at client sites and by way of webinar on myriad employment, labor, benefits and immigration matters.
Jonathan's practice focuses on:
•Preventive counseling, training and policy development with regard to: FLSA/wage and hour compliance; sexual and other unlawful harassment; diversity-glass ceiling issues; social media; discipline/evaluations/terminations; hiring/recruiting/retention; ADA & FMLA issues; violence in the workplace; drugs and alcohol; investigating EEO and other claims; employee handbooks; technology and privacy.
•General counseling, for example: compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, including wage and hour and EEO compliance audits; consultation as to specific employment decisions; handle EEO and other administrative charges.
•Mergers & Acquisitions, for example: legal and cultural due diligence; bargaining issues with the union, if any; drafting representations and warranties; reconciling employment policies and practices to minimize legal risks and to ensure cultural compatibility; implement reductions-in-force as necessary; and draft stay bonuses, as appropriate (either before or after closing).
•Privileged audits, for example: wage and hour compliance, equal employment opportunity, union susceptibility and diversity and inclusion (unconscious and systemic barriers).
•Contracts/agreements, for example: collective bargaining, contract interpretation and NLRA compliance.
•Traditional labor, for example: union prevention programs, anti-union election campaigns, collective bargaining, contract interpretation and management rights training.
Jonathan has served for 20 years as a consultant to the Federal Judicial Center in Washington, D.C., providing training on employment issues to federal judges around the country.
Jonathan was appointed in March 2015 by the EEOC to its Select Task Force on Harassment.
Jonathan also has provided training on harassment on behalf of the EEOC as well as providing training on diversity to members of the United States intelligence agencies.
For the past six years, Jonathan has been listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business among the top-rated lawyers for labor and employment in Pennsylvania. Chambers said of Jonathan, Jonathan Segal is particularly experienced in counseling and training employers on policy development matters. He is described by a client as 'the king of making legal answers work in a business context.'
Jonathan is also frequently a featured speaker at national, state and local human resource, business and legal conferences, including conferences sponsored by the Society for Human Resource Management, the Pennsylvania State Chamber of Business and Industry and the Association of Corporate Counsel-America ( ACCA ). He consistently has been one of the top-rated speakers at numerous SHRM National Conferences, including SHRM's Annual Conference, Diversity Conference and Employment Law and Legislative Conference.
Temple University's Fox School of Business and Management named Jonathan the recipient of its Outstanding HR Leader of 2013 award. The award recognizes an individual who promotes progressive HR practices and is committed to advancing the profession through educating current and future HR leaders. Jonathan was the first recipient.
Jonathan also lectures regularly on gender bias in organizations at the University of Pennsylvania's Masters Program in Organizational Dynamics. He has also lectured on Labor Relations for Villanova University's Certificate Program in Professional Human Resources Management and at the Wharton School on the topic Legal and Ethical Issues Affecting Health Care Providers.
Jonathan has been cited as a national authority on employment issues in articles in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USAToday, Fortune, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Chicago Tribune, Associated Press, Business Week Online, The Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, CNN Online, Business Week, Money and Monster.com, among others.
Jonathan hosted a television special on sexual harassment, The Sexual Harassment Quiz. The special, which was based on a supervisory training exercise Jonathan developed, has been broadcast on more than 200 PBS stations throughout the country.
Jonathan is a frequent commentator on employment issues on national and local television and radio including, but not limited to: CNN, PBS, CBS, KYW (television and radio), FOX News and WPHL (WB).
Jonathan is the Legislative Director for the PA State Council of SHRM, Inc. In this role, Jonathan spearheads grassroots advocacy efforts either in support of or in opposition to proposed legislation affecting the employer-employee relationship.
Jonathan has testified as expert for SHRM before the United States Commission on Civil Rights with regard to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's guidance on background checks.
Jonathan also testified as an expert for SHRM before the Equal Opportunity Commission with regard to the intersections between social media and employment law.
Jonathan has published more than 250 full-length articles and blogs on employment, HR and leadership issues. A contributing editor to HR Magazine, he has published more than 100 articles for the magazine.
Jonathan was profiled in DiversityInc for efforts in helping organizations increase their inclusiveness relative to diversity, broadly defined.
Jonathan also is a regular contributor to Entrepreneur, and in the past, has contributed, to Fortune, and BusinessWeek.
Prior to joining Duane Morris, Jonathan was a partner at Wolf Block LLP. Jonathan was in Wolf Block's Employment Services group from 1986 to 2009 (when the firm voted to dissolve).
Jonathan clerked for the Honorable Norma L. Shapiro, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Jonathan received his B.A., summa cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania and his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law.
Jonathan's passion is animal rescue and adoption for his local SPCA. Jonathan focuses particularly on animals that are less likely to be adopted because of their age.
Jonathan also has an insatiable interest in psychology.
Jonathan also has a deep commitment to Holocaust remembrance.
Honors & Awards
•Listed in Best Lawyers Greater Philadelphia, 2016
•Listed in Human Resource Executive's Top 100 Most Powerful Attorneys of 2010-2016
•Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2007-2009 and 2011-2016
•Listed in Moodvise's 100 Most Influential People in HR and Recruiting on Twitter list
•Listed in The Nation 100 Most Powerful Employment Attorneys
•Recipient of Outstanding HR Leader of 2013 from Temple University's Fox School of Business and Management
•Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2013-2016
•2013 Pennsylvania's Top Rated Lawyers
•2013 Philadelphia's Best Lawyers
•Listed in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2009-2016
•AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
• Why Holocaust Remembrance Still Matters. SHRMBlog. May 4, 2016.
• #NLRB Says 'I'm Sorry'. SHRMBlog. April 1, 2016.
• 10 Keys to Grass Roots Advocacy. SHRMBlog. March 14, 2016.
• Why Being the Model Minority Hurts Asian Americans. SHRMBlog. March 8, 2016.
• Why The Oscars' Diversity Issue Matters To All Employers. SHRMBlog. February 29, 2016.
• Not Your Standard Valentine's Day Blog. SHRMBlog. February 9, 2016.
• Lean Out? SHRMBlog. February 4, 2016.
• Dr. King's 'I Have A Dream.' SHRMBlog. January 18, 2016.
• Bye, Bye, Bad Precedent. SHRMBlog. January 5, 2016.
• A Holiday Tale. SHRMBlog. December 1, 2015.
• Don't Stop with 'Thank You For Your Service.' SHRMBlog. November 11, 2015.
• Generation X: Have We Forgotten You? SHRMBlog. October 8, 2015.
• The Pope Is Coming to Philly. DMi Blog. September 21, 2015.
• The Kentucky Clerk In Your Workplace. SHRMBlog. September 8, 2015.
• The 'I Dislike You' Defense. SHRMBlog. August 6, 2015.
• #NEXTCHAT: The 25th Anniversary of the Americans With Disabilities Act #ADA. SHRMBlog. July 21, 2015.
• Stop Talking About the Gender Confidence Gap. SHRMBlog. July 7, 2015.
• Illuminating the Value of Difference. SHRMBlog. June 30, 2015.
• 3 Guard Rails for Workplace Discussions on Marriage Equality. SHRMBlog. June 27, 2015.
• 10 Words or Expressions That Will Result in Sanctions at SHRM 2015 Annual Conference. SHRMBlog. June 3, 2015.
• Preparing for Imminent DOL Rules. SHRMBlog. June 2, 2015.
• #NEXTCHAT: How Workplace Violence Creates HR Nightmares. SHRMBlog. May 25, 2015.
• Mad Men: End of An Era? SHRMBlog. May 18, 2015.
• Holocaust Remembrance Week: I Remember. SHRMBlog. April 13, 2015.
• April Fools' News. SHRMBlog. April 1, 2015.
• Waiting for the DOL. DMi Blog. March 6, 2015.
• You're The Best. SHRMBlog. March 4, 2015.
• Care About Employees But Be Careful. TalentCulture. February 13, 2015.
• A Valentine's Tale. SHRMBlog. February 12, 2015
• 8 New Years Resolutions for HR. SHRMBlog. January 13, 2015.
• Happy New Year and Au Revoir Bad Precedent. SHRMBlog. January 2, 2015.
• Legal Hangovers After The Holiday Party. TalentCulture. December 15, 2014.
• The Finale: The Holiday Tale By The Jewish Guy Who Wears a Chai. SHRMBlog. December 2, 2014.
• Honoring Our Vets (With Support from our Animal Friends). SHRMBlog. November 11, 2014.
• Subtle Bias: Micro-Inequities and Macro-Inequities. SHRMBlog. October 16, 2014.
• Workplace Bullying: Bully Be Not Proud. TalentCulture. July 28, 2014.
• Top 10 Social Media Mistakes Made By Supervisors. SHRMBlog. July 22, 2014.
• Supreme Court Strikes Down NLRB Recess Appointments: 9-0 Duane Morris Institute Blog. June 26, 2014.
• 5 Reasons Why I Love Twitter. SHRMBlog. June 19, 2014.
• Why Should You Go to the SHRM Annual Conference in Orlando Next Week? SHRMBlog. June 17, 2014.
• Real Men Support Women Who Lean In. Duane Morris Institute Blog. June 10, 2014.
• 6th Circuit Green Lights Telecommuting as ADA Accommodation. The Law Insider. May 22, 2014.
• Have We Improved LGBT Inclusion Since the Mad Men Days? SHRMBlog. May 21, 2014.
• 5 Categories of Social Media Content for Supervisory Training. SHRMBlog. May 20, 2014.
• Is the #MadMen Corporate Closet a Relic of the Past? DMi Blog. May 19, 2014.
• Don Draper's Best Friend: Alcohol? (#MadMen S-7; E-4). DMi Blog. May 5, 2014.
• 'Extreme' French Proposed E-mail Law: Already Law in U.S. The Law Insider. April 21, 2014.
• Hi Dawn/Hi Shirley: Maddening Racism on #MadMen. DMi Blog. April 21, 2014.
• Are Gender Issues In The Workplace Still Maddening? SHRMBlog. April 15, 2014.
• Leadership and Aretha Franklin. SHRMBlog. April 2, 2014.
• Leadership and Gender Bias. SHRMBlog. March 5, 2014.
• Wage and Hour Snow Storms. DMi Blog. February 8, 2014.
• Romance, Lust and Litigation in the Workplace. SHRMBlog. February 7, 2014.
• Leadership Paradox: Human Connections Versus The Law. SHRMBlog. February 5, 2014.
• What the Supreme Court's Decision on Donning and Doffing DOES NOT MEAN! DMi Blog. January 28, 2014.
• Leadership = Influence. SHRMBlog. January 7, 2014.
• Same Sex Spousal Benefits. DMi Blog. January 3, 2014.
• The Holiday Tale By The Jewish Guy Who Wears A Chai (Part II). SHRMBlog. November 25, 2013.
• Work Life Imbalance. SHRMBlog. November 4, 2013.
• Forget the Fockers: Meet the Stored Communications Act. DMi Blog. October 8, 2013.
• Leading the Disengaged. Leading With Giants. October 4, 2013.
• Retaliation: Corrective Action Without Admission. SHRMBlog. October 3, 2013.
• Where Have All the Mentors Gone? SHRMBlog. September 7, 2013.
• Is Goat Killing Leave A Reasonable Accommodation? Maybe. The Law Insider. September 5, 2013.
• Is 'Management Rights' An Oxymoron? SHRMBlog. September 4, 2013.
• Documentation in Health Care: Knife in the Malpractice Claim? DMi Blog. August 16, 2013.
• In Defense of Sheryl Sandberg. SHRMBlog. August 8, 2013.
• She's Too Sexy for Her Job. Law Insider. July 15, 2013.
• Boys Without A Club. SHRMBlog. July 10, 2013.
• Supreme Court's Affirmative Action Case: Not About But Entire About Employment. June 28, 2013.
• 2013 SHRM Annual: Lingo Alert. SHRMBlog. June 14, 2013.
• Jason Collins: Who Will Come Out Next? SHRMBlog. June 3, 2013.
• Wellness Programs: Gaps in Guidance. June 3, 2013.
• Fish Don't Know They Swim in Water. SHRMBlog. May 1, 2013.
• Holocaust Days of Remembrance. April 5, 2013.
• Friends Don't Let Friends Use HR-ese. SHRMBlog. April 1, 2013.
• EEOC Commissioners 'Chat' at SHRM Conference. SHRMBlog. March 15, 2013.
• Downton Abbey, Inc. SHRMBlog. March 4, 2013
• You're The Love of My Life. SHRMBlog. February 11, 2013.
• Is There Room For Humanity In HR? SHRMBlog. January 3, 2013.
• Criminal Background Checks in 2013: FCRA, Meet Title VII. December 28, 2012.
• Employment Predictions For 2013 From The Guy Who Predicted A Bull Market in 2009. SHRMBlog. December 19, 2012.
• Time is Money: On or Off the Clock? HR Magazine. Editorial Content. December 2012.
• A Holiday Tale By A Jewish Guy Who Wears A Chai. SHRMBlog. November 26, 2012.
• Safe Sex: A Workplace Oxymoron? SHRMBlog. November 1, 2012.
• Employees with Extended Shifts and Sandy: Wage and Hour Issues. October 29, 2012.
• Avoid Wage and Hour Hurricanes After Sandy. October 27, 2012.
• How to Break Through the Glass Ceiling Without Getting Cut. SHRMBlog. October 11, 2012.
• Did the NLRB Bless Employees Who Use Social Media to Defame? Sort Of! SHRMBlog. September 21, 2012.
• Social Media Password Protections: Not Just MD and IL. SHRMBlog. September 3, 2012.
• Mediate and Then Read: Off Duty Policies and the NLRB. August 3, 2012.
• Frailty, Thy Name Is Woman. SHRMBlog. July 3, 2012.
• In the Year 2525. SHRMBlog. June 19, 2012.
• Widening Web of Social Media. SHRMBlog. June 14, 2012.
• Where In The World Is Aaron Greenberg? SHRMBlog. June 5, 2012.
• Could Peer Review Have Saved Marie Antoinette's Head?, HR Magazine
• Off-the-Wall Judgments/Settlements in Off-the-Clock Cases. May 30, 2012.
• Because Happy Workers Are Better Workers. May 25, 2012.
• The Devil Doesn't Only Wear Prada. SHRMBlog. May 15, 2012.
• Costly Unpaid Internships. SHRMBlog. April 23, 2012.
• Never Again: Holocaust Remembrance (Yom Hashoah). April 18, 2012.
• Mad About Mad Men. SHRMBlog. March 23, 2012.
• Breathe Deeply Before You Read: ALJ Finds At-Will Statement Violates NLRA. March 11, 2012.
• Hooked Up On Twitter (A Cautionary Tale). SHRMBlog. February 27, 2012.
• I Love You (A Valentine's Day Warning). SHRMBlog. February 14, 2012.
• I Have A Dream By Dr. Martin Luther King. January 14, 2012.
• Au Revoir Bad Precedent, SHRMBlog. January 11, 2012.
• Severance May Offset Unemployment in PA effective 1/1/12, Duane Morris Institute Blog, January 2, 2012.
• Holiday Gifts for Plaintiffs' Lawyers, SHRMBlog, December 8, 2011.
• Plaintiffs' Lawyer Under the Mistletoe, Duane Morris Institute Blog, November 16, 2011.
• The NLRB and Boeing: The Life and Death Consequences, Duane Morris Institute Blog, November 13, 2011.
• Sisyphus Had It Easy, SHRMBlog, November 9, 2011.
• Philadelphia City Contractors and Subcontractors: Mandatory Sick Leave. DMi Blog. October 29, 2011.
• Union Posting For Certain Government Contractors and Subcontractors. DMi Blog. October 24, 2011.
• The Human and Economic Cost of Bullying in the Workplace, Duane Morris Institute Blog, October 10, 2011.
• Profits Down? Your Risk Aversion May Be High, SHRMBlog, October 10, 2011.
• You're In Without Urine, Duane Morris Institute Blog, September 30, 2011.
• Foolish Consistency, SHRMBlog, September 6, 2011.
• Every Day May Be Labor Day At The NLRB But... Duane Morris Institute Blog, September 5, 2011.
• Avoid Wage and Hour Tsunami Following Hurricane, Duane Morris Institute Blog, August 26, 2011.
• EEOC Attacks Attendance Control Policies, Duane Morris Institute Blog, August 15, 2011.
• Manage Stress: Save A Shelter Animal, Duane Morris Institute Blog, July 18, 2011
• Wage Theft: No Bad Intent but Ignorance is No Defense. DMi Blog. July 8, 2011.
• Outside the Philadelphia Box: Limited Exemption, Duane Morris Institute Blog, June 5, 2011
• The DOL and Smartphones: Be Smart and Take Offensive, Duane Morris Institute Blog, May 17, 2011
• Philadelphia's Ban the Box Plus Federal and State Laws Too, Duane Morris Institute Blog, April 20, 2011
• The Unintended Adverse Consequences of the ADA, Duane Morris Institute Blog, April 12, 2011
• The EEOC's Inconsistency on Consistency? Duane Morris Institute Blog, April 4, 2011
• At Will but Still Armed, H&HN Daily, March 2011
• PA Act 102: Prohibition On Mandatory Overtime Covers More Than FLSA Overtime, Duane Morris Institute Blog, February 28, 2011
• You Are Covered by GINA Even if You Don't Elicit Genetic Information, Duane Morris Institute Blog, February 14, 2011
• EEOC Continues Its Assault on Automatic Termination Provisions in LOA Policies, Duane Morris Institute Blog, January 24, 2011
• The New Overtime Rule: What's It Mean For Your Business. Philadelphia Business Journal. May 2016.
• The Boys' Club Perception Test. Entrepreneur. May 3, 2016.
• That Difficult Conversation. HRMagazine. April, 2016.
• Politics and Work: 7 Guardrails for Leaders. Entrepreneur. March 23, 2016.
• Facing Potential Terrorism, Entrepreneurs Need to Think About the Unthinkable. Entrepreneur. February 5, 2016.
• Why The Oscars' Diversity Issue Matters To All Employers. Philadelphia Business Journal. February 29, 2016.
• Care For, But Don't Coddle, Millennials. TalentCulture. February 19, 2016.
• Adele's 'Hello' & How It Encourages Stalking. Philadelphia Business Journal. February 16, 2016.
• The 13 'Must-Dos' to Include on Your Holiday Checklist. Entrepreneur. November 17, 2015.
• Fix, Don't Nix, Your Performance Reviews. Entrepreneur. November 4, 2015.
• Gender, Influence and the Use of Qualifiers. TalentCulture. November 3, 2015.
• What Jennifer Lawrence's and Bradley Cooper's Salaries Mean for Every Entrepreneur. Entrepreneur. October, 2015.
• 12 Ways to Increase Gender Equality. TalentCulture. August 11, 2015.
• That Difficult Conversation. HRMagazine. April, 2016.
• Labor Costs May Soar for Entrepreneurs. Entrepreneur. July, 2015.
• What Will the Department of Labor Do Next? Corporate Counsel. July 7, 2015.
• Accommodating an Employee's Religion Just Got Even More Complicated. Entrepreneur. June, 2015.
• Attack Bullying Without Being Attacked. HRMagazine. June, 2015.
• Copernicus Was Wrong. TalentCulture. May 11, 2015.
• Why Banning Salary Negotiations Won't Close the Gender Pay Gap. Entrepreneur. May, 2015.
• Don Draper Teaching the World to Sing in Perfect Harmony. The Philadelphia Business Journal. May, 2015.
• 10 Tips to Fight Gender Discrimination. HR Professionals Magazine. Volume 5: Issue 5. May, 2015.
• Remembering the Holocaust. Philadelphia Inquirer. April 16, 2015.
• 5 Ways to Manage 'Mad Men'-Era Sexual Harassment. Entrepreneur. April, 2015.
• What Accommodations Must Be Made for a Pregnant Employee? Entrepreneur. April, 2015.
• Lust and Love in the Workplace. Entrepreneur. February 12, 2015.
• 10 Tips to Fight Gender Discrimination. HRMagazine. January-February special edition, 2015
• How will NLRB's 'Ambush Election' Rule Impact My Business? Catalyst. Winter 2014/2015.
• Entrepreneurs Land in the Unions' Cross Hairs. Entrepreneur. January, 2015.
• Everybody, Lean In. HR Magazine. January-February special edition, 2015.
• Don't Let Your Holiday Party Cheer Steer You Into Court. Entrepreneur. November, 2014.
• Pets for Vets. The Legal Intelligencer. November 18, 2014
• Should Employers Use Social Media to Screen Job Applicants? HR Magazine. November, 2014.
• What Employers Need to Know About Ebola for Now. Entrepreneur. October 14, 2014.
Selected Speaking Engagements
•The Pennsylvania State Council of SHRM, Inc. 16th Annual Pennsylvania SHRM Legislative & Legal Conference. Conference Chairperson. Presentations on Codes of Conduct and Business Ethics, State and Local Law Trends, and Political Quiz: Who Said It? Harrisburg, PA. April, 2016.
•XpertHR. Webinar on Terminations in the US and the UK: The Same Thing, Only Different. Co-presenter with Jon Heuvel, of London, England. April, 2016.
•SmartSearch. Panelist on webinar on Avoiding Conscious And Unconscious Discrimination In Hiring. April, 2016.
•The Central Illinois Chapter of SHRM & The Illinois State Council of SHRM. 2016 Legislative Conference. Keynote speaker on Legislative and Regulatory Trends, Proposals and HR Grassroots Advocacy. Springfield, IL. April, 2016.
•Hyrell. Webinar presentation on Social Media: The 'Double Edged Sword' of Hiring & Recruiting. April 7, 2016.
•Association of Legal Administrators. Philadelphia Chapter. Speaker on When the Impaired Lawyer or Staff Member Comes to Work. Philadelphia, PA. April, 2016.
•Society for Human Resource Management. 2016 SHRM Employment Law and Legislative Conference. Speaker on State and Local Trends and What They Mean for Multi-State Employers. Washington, D.C. March, 2016.
•The Federation of International Employers ( FedEE ). Conference on Employment Contracts and HR Policies: Adopting Best Practice and Avoiding the Pitfalls in a Multinational Enterprise. Speaker on Employee Documentation: The Values and Dangers of Templates, co-presented with Jon Heuvel. Speaker on A U.S. Perspective on Employment Contracts. London, England. January, 2016.
•SEPA SHRM. Speaker at Chapter meeting on Stamping Out Harassment. Philadelphia, PA. January, 2016.
•Tri-State Human Resource Management Association ( TSHRMA ). Speaker at Chapter meeting on Systemic Approach to Stamp Out Harassment. Mount Laurel, NJ. January, 2016.
•Right Management. Legal Update presentation to Lehigh Valley Senior HR Executives. Bethlehem, PA. December, 2015.
•Pennsylvania Chamber of Business & Industry. 2015 Annual Human Resources Conference. Presentations on Recent HR Developments and Employment Law Updates, and Attack Bullying Without Being Attacked. Hershey, PA. December, 2015.
•The Society for Human Resource Management. Delaware Chapter. 15th Annual Delaware State Human Resources Conference. Keynote speaker on Is the 'Mad Men' Harassment Era Over? A Systemic Approach to Stamping Out Harassment. Closing speaker on A Mad Man Talks About Mad Men. Newark, DE. November, 2015.
•National Conference of State Legislatures ( NCSL ). National Seminar on Human Resource Management in State Legislatures. Speaker on Harassment and Hostile Workplace: What HR Directors Need to Know, and Investigating Harassment Complaints: Best Practices. Alexandria, VA. November, 2015.
•Human Resource Professionals of Central PA ( HRP of CPA ). HRP of CPA 2015 Fall Conference. Keynote speaker on A New Wage and Hour World? Camp Hill, PA. October, 2015.
•The Society for Human Resource Management. Diversity & Inclusion Conference. Speaker on Marriage Equality and the Workplace. Boston, MA. October, 2015.
•The Society for Human Resource Management. Lehigh Valley Chapter. 2015 SHRMLV October Conference. Closing keynote speaker on Marriage Equality: What It Means for Employers. Bethlehem, PA. October, 2015.
•British American Business Council of Greater Philadelphia. Moderator of Global Mobility Panel on How to Ensure a Win-Win for Employer and Employee. Philadelphia, PA. September, 2015.
•Maryland SHRM State Council, Inc. 2015 Maryland SHRM State Conference. Concurrent sessions on Dirty Dozen Performance Appraisals Mistakes, and NLRB Gone Wild. Ocean City, MD. September, 2015.
•Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry. HR Roundtable. Conference Chairperson. Speaker on Avoiding Critical Social Media Mistakes. Camp Hill, PA. September, 2015.
•EEOC, Philadelphia District Office. Speaker on Subtle Bias, at the EEOC Philadelphia Seminar. Philadelphia, PA. July, 2015.
•Society for Human Resource Management. 2015 Annual Conference and Exposition. Presentations on Mad Men Era: Is It Really Over, 'You're No Shrinking Violent' and Other Micro-Aggressions, and Systemic Approach for Stamping Out Harassment. Las Vegas, NV. June, 2015.
•Association of Legal Administrators. WebEx presentation on When the Impaired Lawyer or Staff Members Come to Work. June, 2015.
•Chester County Human Resources Association. Speaker at chapter meeting on Systemic Approach to Stamping Out Harassment. Exton, PA. June, 2015.
•Pennsylvania State Council of SHRM, Inc. 15th Annual Pennsylvania Legislative & Legal Conference. Conference Chairperson. Speaker on Systemic Approach to Combat Harassment, and State Legislative Update. Harrisburg, PA. May, 2015.
•Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry. HR Roundtable. Conference Chairperson. Speaker on Social Media: Avoiding Critical Mistakes and Maximizing the Business Benefits. King of Prussia, PA. April, 2015.
•Society for Human Resource Management. York SHRM Chapter. Speaker on How to Draft HR Policies that Protect Your Flexibility. York, PA. April, 2015.
•Association of Legal Administrators. Philadelphia Chapter. Speaker on Systemic Approach to Combating Harassment. Philadelphia, PA. April, 2015.
•Human Resource Executive Alliance (HREA). Presentation on Top 10 Legal Developments That (Should) Keep You Up at Night. Philadelphia, PA. April, 2015.
• Lunch with DriveThruHR. Speaker on radio program regarding SCOTUS decisions and regulatory update. March, 2015.
•SHRM Employment Law and Legislative Conference. Speaker on All Politics Is Local: State Law Trends, and Social Media: Risky Business of Risk Aversion. Washington, D.C. March, 2015.
•Federal Judicial Center. National Workshop for Bankruptcy Judges I. Speaker on Use of Staff/Best Practices in Judicial Efficiency. Seattle, WA. March, 2015.
•XpertHr. Webinar on Don't Be Ashamed by NLRB Election Rules. February, 2015.
•Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry. Conference Chairperson. Webinar on Don't Be Ambushed by NLRB Election Rules. February, 2015.
•Berks County SHRM. Seminar on Don't Be Ashamed by NLRB Election Rules. Philadelphia, Pa. January, 2015.
(Also at Philadelphia, PA Office)