Jonathan Dorval is a partner at our Montréal office. Mr. Dorval was admitted to the Québec Bar in 1998 and is a graduate of the Université de Sherbrooke Law School.
Areas of Practice
· Mr. Dorval practises in our Corporate Commercial Group and is specialized in mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing and venture capital.
· Mr. Dorval advises local, national and international companies of all sizes as well as financial institutions and investment funds with respect to their commercial activities and various transactions.
· He has been involved in numerous acquisitions, mergers, corporate reorganizations, financings (by way of debt, guaranteed or not, as well as issuance of shares and other securities) and joint ventures in various countries as well as the drafting and negotiation of various commercial agreements.
· He represents many companies in different economic sectors including energy, biotechnology, information technology and telecommunications.
· Me Dorval represented various entities in the Bell group of companies with respect to several acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
· He advised several of the venture capital firms acting in Québec and in Canada (including, Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) and Fonds de Solidarité des Travailleurs du Québec (F.T.Q.)) with respect to their investments in various start-ups and well established companies.
· He represented Groupe St-Hubert Inc. in the acquisition of Le Maître Saladier Inc.
· He represented RoundTable Healthcare Partners and Renaissance Pharma Inc. in the acquisition of Confab Laboratories Inc.
· He advised the shareholders of Pro-Doc Ltd. in the sale of their shares to Le Groupe Jean Coutu (PJC) Inc.
· He represented the shareholders of the Cameo Craft group of companies in the sale of their shares of the U.S., Canadian and Chilean entities to Label Corp. International, LLC.
· He advised the shareholders of Jade Tower Inc. in the sale of their shares to SBA Communications Corporation.
Professional and Community Activities
· Member of the Canadian Bar Association
· Member of the Québec Bar Association
· Member of the Montréal Chamber of Commerce
· Member of Réseau Capital
· Speaker at various conferences relating to Québec commercial law
· Member of various boards of directors, including AAER Inc.
· Member of Canada's Venture Capital & Private Equity Association