- Business Law
- Cross-Border Transactions
|Law School||University of Ottawa, LL.L., Civil Law, summa cum laude, 2005 Gold Medal of the University for the highest standing, Civil Law Program, 2005; University of Ottawa, LL.B., Common Law, cum laude, 2006; HEC Montreal/University of Montreal, LL.M., Taxation, 2009|
|Admitted||2008, Ontario; 2009, Quebec|
Jonathan is a tax lawyer in the Business Law Group at Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall concentrating on tax administration, cross-border transactions, corporate reorganization and tax litigation.
Jonathan has appeared before the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada as lead and co-counsel for both publicly traded and privately held companies. Jonathan has provided financial strategies to many high-net worth clients ensuring the most tax effective solutions are in place. Jonathan understands that all cases and clients are unique. His focus and attention to detail ensures the end result is what his clients seek.
Jonathan is fluent in both English and French.
· Called to the Quebec Bar, Canadian Legal Advisor, 2009
· Called to the Ontario Bar, 2008
· LL.M. Taxation, HEC Montreal/University of Montreal, 2009
· LL.B., Common Law, University of Ottawa, Cum Laude, 2006
· LL.L, Civil Law, University of Ottawa, Summa Cum Laude, 2005
· Gold Medal of the University for the highest standing, Civil Law Program, 2005
· "Limitations on RRSP Investments in Private Company Shares", Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, February 2012.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
The Capital Gain Exemption on the Sale of Shares
Jonathan M. Charron, January 2, 2014
There are various ways to structure the sale of a business in a tax-efficient manner. These include a share sale, an asset sale or a hybrid transaction. From the vendor’s perspective, a key consideration in choosing a sale structure is his or her entitlement to the $800,000 capital gain...
|Profile Visibility |
|#62 in weekly profile views out of 3,158 lawyers in Ottawa, Ontario|
|#41,945 in weekly profile views out of 1,511,893 total lawyers Overall|