Jonathan P. Leleu leads Greenberg Traurig's Government Law & Policy practice in Nevada and represents GT clients before every level of government on issues ranging from economic and urban development, tax, and transportation, to land use and zoning, licensing, public health and regulatory matters.
Jon has more than 15 years of experience melding business, law, and politics to help clients find solutions with Nevada's governmental bodies. He served as an Executive Member of the City of Las Vegas' Economic Development Steering Committee and the Las Vegas Medical District Advisory Board, and he currently sits on the executive board of the Downtown Las Vegas Alliance. At the state level, Jon is a legislative lobbyist, appears before all of Nevada's regulatory bodies, and works with the Governor's Office of Economic Development and the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance on a regular basis to analyze, recognize, and capture opportunities for economic development incentives.
Jon provides clients with active representation before the Nevada Legislature throughout the calendar year, including the biennial regular session and special sessions, and before the interim committees. This representation typically includes:
• monitoring of all legislative activity, including bills, amendments, the budgeting process, resolutions and proposed constitutional amendments;
• utilization of bill tracking databases, and monitoring a multitude of private and governmental publications which cover government activity in Nevada;
• live monitoring of all legislative committee activity, including hearings, work sessions, and votes;
• constructing, maintaining and regularly forwarding legislative tracking information and data;
• lobbying to promote legislative and policy interests;
• drafting of bills and amendments;
• preparation and submission of position papers;
• developing and implementing legislative strategies; and
• fostering and strengthening relationships with appropriate government officials and various interest groups.
Jon's working relationships with local municipalities, the Nevada State Legislature, Office of the Governor and executive branch agencies, and Nevada's federal delegation, coupled with the firm's vast experience in advocacy at every level of government, provides GT's Nevada clients with access to unique insight and innovation.
Areas of Concentration
• Administrative law
• Agency rule-making
• Election forecasting and political contribution consultation
• Government procurement
• Insurance regulation
• Land use and zoning
• Municipal law
• Permitting and business licensing (including privileged licensing, e.g., liquor, adult use, non-traditional loan and pawn Licensing)
• Professional regulation
• Taxation (including consumptive, corporate, capital gains, income, and property tax and appeals)
• Tort reform
• Utility regulation
Awards & Recognition
• Team Member, a U.S. News - Best Lawyers Government Relations Law Firm of the Year, 2014
• Listed, VEGAS INC, Top Lawyers General Practice, 2013
• Rated, AV Preeminent 4.8 out of 5
AV, BV, AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
• In-House Counsel, International Market Centers, LP / World Market Center Las Vegas
Associated News & Events
09.26.13 Greenberg Traurig Strengthens Government Law & Policy Practice with Addition of Shareholder Jonathan P. Leleu