Jon counsels developers, investors and institutions in a wide variety of real estate and general business matters. In his 17 years of practice, Jon has structured and closed hundreds of real estate transactions, including many notable local and national projects.
Areas of Concentration
· Purchases and sales of commercial properties
· Joint ventures
· Retail, office and warehouse leasing
· Ground leasing
· Land assemblages
· Resolution of complex title issues
· Antenna tower leasing
· General business counseling
Professional & Community Involvement
· Adjunct Professor, University of Miami School of Law, 1995-2000
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2009-2014
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010 and 2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006, 2013
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011 and 2012
· Listed, Florida Trend magazine "Legal Elite," Real Estate Law, 2009
· Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Lawyer
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Purchasers and sellers of shopping centers, office buildings, apartment buildings, hotels and mixed use projects.
· Developers in the ground-up development and financing of shopping centers, office buildings, residential subdivisions, multi-family projects and mixed use projects.
· Investor in joint venture transactions for retail, multi-family, office and warehouse projects throughout the United States.
· National retailers in their leasing matters throughout the United States.
· Landlords in anchor retail leasing, grocery store anchor leasing and shop tenant leasing.
· Landlords and tenants in office and warehouse leasing.
· Wireless companies in antenna tower leasing and other real estate matters throughout Florida and other states.
· New York City radio station in the leasing of rooftop space for the construction of a new broadcasting tower.
· Public company in the long-term lease of Elvis Presley's Graceland estate and in the purchase of surrounding properties.
· Bankruptcy trustee in the sale of a 68,000 square foot Palm Beach, Florida mansion to Donald Trump, which property was later featured on The Apprentice.
· U.S. Green Building Council LEED Accredited Professional (LEED-AP)
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Author, "Putting It Together: A guide to assembling land parcels," Daily Business Review, 2005