- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
|University ||Columbia University, B.A., 2001|
|Law School||Benjamin N. Cardozo, School of Law, J.D., 2004 Supervising Editor, Cardozo Law Review, Dean's Scholarship|
|Admitted||2005, New York; 2005, U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York|
|Born||New York, New York, 1972|
As a bankruptcy attorney at Olshan, Jonathan T. Koevary handles bankruptcy and restructuring matters on behalf of creditors, debtors, and investors.
Jonathan has a broad range of experience representing clients in all aspects of Chapter 11 cases, in-court and out-of-court restructurings, and bankruptcy-related lawsuits. He also represents asset purchasers in distressed asset and M&A transactions, and provides company- and credit-specific legal analysis to distressed investors and transactional advice to businesses dealing with distressed entities.
Jonathan has represented official and unofficial creditors' committees in connection with Dana Corporation, Adelphia Communications Corporation, Young Broadcasting, Inc., Quebecor World, Inc., and LNR Property LLC. He has represented the W.R. Grace & Company equity committee, and creditors in the Chrysler, General Motors, American Airlines and Enron Chapter 11 cases.
Jonathan has represented AbitibiBowater et al. as debtors in their successful multinational bankruptcy reorganizations and numerous purchasers of distressed assets in section 363 and plan sales, including the lead purchaser of the largest patent portfolio ever sold at auction. Jonathan also represented the largest group of clawback defendants in the Bayou fraud adversary proceedings.
Prior to joining Olshan, Jonathan practiced in the bankruptcy and restructuring groups of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP and Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP.
· Represented AbitibiBowater, Inc., et al. in their Chapter 11 case.
· Represented Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Young Broadcasting Inc., et al.
· Represented Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Dana Corporation, et al.
· Represented nationally recognized auto rental company as claimant in the General Motors and Chrysler Chapter 11 cases.
· Represented lead joint venture in its Chapter 11 purchase of Nortel Networks' $4.5 billion patent portfolio.
· Represented investment bank as third-party witness in Lehman Brothers Chapter 11 case.
· Represented aircraft lessor in American Airlines Chapter 11 case.
· Represented lender agent and steering committee of LNR Property LLC through out-of-court workout.
· Represented Chapter 11 ad hoc noteholder committee of Quebecor World, Inc., et al.
· Represented largest group of Bayou fraudulent conveyance action defendants.
· Represented FrontierVision noteholder committee in the Adelphia Communication Corporation Chapter 11 case.
· Represented Berry-Hill Galleries, Inc., et al. in their Chapter 11 case.
· Represented Official Committee of Equity Security Holders of W.R. Grace and Company, et al.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Credit Bidding Alive and Well in Delaware: Follow Up on Fisker Automotive
Adam W. Finerman,Jonathan T. Koevary,Mitchell Raab, May 29, 2014
In January, we first wrote about the Fisker Automotive case. Recall that in Fisker, Judge Kevin Gross of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware capped Hybrid Tech Holdings’ credit bid for Fisker’s hybrid electric vehicle company at $25 million. The Judge...
Recent Rulings Highlight Risks of Shareholder Clawbacks, Capped Credit Bids for Distressed Investors; Appeals Pending
Adam H. Friedman,Jonathan T. Koevary,Mitchell Raab, February 10, 2014
A pair of Bankruptcy Court rulings last month, Weisfelner v. Fund 1 (In re Lyondell Chemical Co.,), Adv. Proc. Case No. 10-4609 (REG) 2014 WL 118036 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y Jan. 14, 2014) and In re Fisker Automotive Holdings, Inc.,Case No. 13-13087 (KG) (Bankr. D. Del. Jan. 17, 2014), address two of the...
|Profile Visibility |
|#10,431 in weekly profile views out of 88,722 lawyers in New York, New York|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|