- Intellectual Property
- Trademark and Trade Dress
- Privacy & Data Protection
- Media & Telecommunications
- Digital Media and E-Commerce
- Cloud Computing & Managed IT Services
|Education||University of Essex (LL.B.); Royal Military Academy; College of Law (LPC)|
|Admitted||England and Wales|
Jonny is an associate in the Intellectual Property Department, where he advises on media, IT, telecommunications and data protection/privacy. He has experience in advising on the commercial and regulatory issues concerning a wide variety of TMT-related agreements. He also advises on the intellectual property aspects of corporate transactions as well as trade mark matters.
Jonny trained with the Firm, during which time he spent six months on secondment to Harrods' In-house Legal Department.
· Client secondment to Warner Bros. Jonny has recently returned from a client secondment to Warner Bros. International Television Production division. During the secondment, Jonny provided legal advice on all aspects of the acquisition, licensing, strategic management and protection of the division's IP, matters on which he continues to advise Warner Bros.
· Data protection and privacy work for a leading brand of luxury luggage and travel accessories. Jonny assisted on a significant project to achieve compliance with EU-wide data protection and privacy laws as well registration with the applicable national regulatory offices.
· Outsourcing advice for a global luxury goods group. Jonny advised on both commercial and regulatory issues in relation to the set up of an overseas call centre.
· Licensing of IP for a high-end jewellery designer. Jonny was the lead associate in the drafting and negotiation of a license of unregistered trade mark rights in connection with the establishment of a jewellery store in the Burlington Arcade.
· Advising on a software license agreement for a major fashion house. Jonny advised in relation to IP and data protection provisions.
· Client secondment to Harrods. As a trainee, Jonny gained additional commercial experience during a six month secondment to Harrods' in-house legal team.
Before Edwards Wildman
Before qualifying as a solicitor, Jonny spent six years as an infantry officer in the British Army, a role in which he saw service throughout the world.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Jonny is married to Vicky and they have a little boy. Since the arrival of his son, Jonny just about remains a keen sportsman. He did recently run the Brighton Marathon on what he maintains was the hottest day of the century.
Cloud Computing & Managed IT Services
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Google Forced to Forget, Following European Court of Justice Decision
Jane Elphick,Jonny McDonald,Sarah Pearce, May 23, 2014
For the first time The Court of Justice of the European Union (the “CJEU”) applies the right to be forgotten to a non-EU based internet search engine entity. However, its grounds for doing so raise issues to be considered by all. The CJEU judgment (the “Judgment”) in Google...
|Profile Visibility |
|#654 in weekly profile views out of 19,580 lawyers in London, England|
|#151,582 in weekly profile views out of 1,515,052 total lawyers Overall|