- Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- Banking Law
- Commercial Law
|Contact Info||Telephone: 859-341-1881|
|University ||Thomas More College, B.A., cum laude, 1975|
|Law School||St. Louis University, J.D., 1978|
|Admitted||1978, Kentucky; 1980, Ohio; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky; U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio|
|Memberships ||Cincinnati, Ohio State, Kentucky, Northern Kentucky and American (Member, Steering Committee of Division Two on Construction Documents, Construction Law Forum, 2005-2010; Co-Chair, ConsensusDOCS Committee that is updating CD300 Standard Tri-Party Agreement for Integrated Project Delivery) Bar Associations.|
|Born||Covington, Kentucky, November 26, 1955|
Joseph A. Cleves, Jr. practices primarily in the areas of construction and real estate. He has extensive experience in developing and revising contract documents and procedures for construction and real estate clients. He has negotiated and closed on numerous construction contracts, joint venture agreements and subcontracts. He also has extensive experience in lean construction, a practice designed to maximize value and minimize waste throughout the construction process. He heads the law firm's construction practice group.
His construction clients include a design-builder based in Dayton, Ohio, which has a national presence; major medical centers in Ohio and Kentucky; the Kentucky branch of a significant religious organization with more than fifty churches and schools; a large and very active home builder's organization; and other contractors and subcontractors.
He is currently involved with or has completed the following:
• Organizing and educating the project team and establishing the contracts for implementation of lean project delivery for a $100 million dollar expansion of a major Lexington, Kentucky hospital.
• Contract negotiations with a construction manager for a $50 million dollar expansion by a Greater Cincinnati medical center
• A master construction manager agreement between a Greater Cincinnati medical center and a large construction company for continuing services on core hospital projects.
• Standard form construction contact libraries with extensive customized revisions of numerous project delivery systems for two major medical centers in Greater Cincinnati, a major regional design-builder, and the Kentucky branch of a significant religious organization.
• Contracts for a $48 million dollar residential village at a major state university in Ohio for a design-builder, including a joint venture with a residential builder.
Lean Construction Institute (LCI) - Joe is the firm's liaison with LCI, and is co-chair of the LCI Ohio Valley Chapter.
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#6 in weekly profile views out of 65 lawyers in Crestview Hills, Kentucky|
|#140,963 in weekly profile views out of 1,537,162 total lawyers Overall|