|Contact Info||Telephone: 561.650.7903|
|University ||The Citadel, South Carolina, B.S., cum laude, 1985; Order of the Coif|
|Law School||Florida State University College of Law, J.D., with highest honors, 1988; Member, Law Review|
|Admitted||1988, Florida; U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida; U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida|
|Memberships ||Palm Beach County Bar Association. |
|Born||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, July 2, 1963|
Joe focuses his practice on securities litigation, regulatory and class actions and serves as the head of the West Palm Beach Securities Litigation Group. He has represented most of the major broker/dealers in all aspects of their business, including federal and state courts, regulatory matters, and arbitrations. Joe's representation of clients include appearances as appellate counsel in securities litigation cases in federal and state courts. Joe also focuses on shareholder derivative, corporate governance and merger and acquisition litigation.
Areas of Concentration
· Securities fraud defense
· Class actions
· Securities arbitration
· Complex commercial litigation
· Shareholder derivative/ corporate governance
Professional & Community Involvement
· Appointed, Florida Office of Financial Regulation, Commissioner's Advisory Council
· Member, Palm Beach County Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Securities, 2011-2014
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2013
· Finalist, Daily Business Review, "Top Dealmaker of the Year - Corporate Finance Category," 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2007-2012
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Obtained dismissal of securities fraud class actions for Fortune 500 Companies.
· Defended broker-dealer firms in hundreds of arbitration proceedings.
· Defeated class certification of putative nationwide class actions brought against national broker-dealers in the Middle District of Florida and Florida state courts.
· Defended broker-dealers in federal and state court litigation.
· Represented public companies and corporate directors in merger litigation and derivative actions.
· Prosecuted a claim on behalf of a power company's cable television subsidiary in a breach of partnership and right of first refusal case.
· Defeated a qui tam action in the Middle District of Florida against a national health care corporation.
· Captain, U.S. Army. Served in the Army JAG Corps with 24th Infantry Division (Mechanized) in Saudi Arabia and Iraq during the Persian Gulf War
(Also at Boca Raton Office)
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#242 in weekly profile views out of 2,601 lawyers in West Palm Beach, Florida|
|#137,516 in weekly profile views out of 1,509,349 total lawyers Overall|