Joseph H. Bocock's practice concentrates in commercial litigation/arbitration. He has extensive experience in disputes involving real estate, landowner rights and condemnations, oil & gas, securities, wholesaling, insurance/risk management and debtor/creditor transactions. Joe, who splits his time almost evenly as an advocate in arbitration and traditional civil litigation, has established himself as one of the most experienced trial lawyers in the Southwest in the field of commercial arbitration and regularly tries arbitrations nationwide. His role as an advocate in civil litigation includes extensive experience in class action disputes, complex business matters and federal practice. In each of these areas of practice he has extensive experience as an appellate lawyer in state and federal courts.
Joe has published more than 25 articles related to his practice in the areas of evidence, discovery, sanctions, trial practice, alternative dispute resolution, arbitration, director and officer liability, creditors' rights, securities and mechanics liens. He is a frequent lecturer to industry groups, law schools and attorneys and has made over 30 appearances in that capacity. In 1993 he was given the Earl Sneed Award by the Oklahoma Bar Association in recognition of his outstanding contribution to continuing legal education.
Joe's achievements as a trial lawyer have earned him inclusion in Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America (commercial litigation, eminent domain and condemnation law, real estate litigation and securities litigation), Oklahoma Super Lawyers and Benchmark Litigation. He was selected by Best Lawyers as the "Oklahoma City Eminent Domain and Condemnation Lawyer of the Year" for 2014, an honor only given to a single lawyer in each legal specialty in each community.
· Successfully represented clients nationwide in business arbitration disputes concerning breach of contract, fraud, products liability, securities claims and real estate related issues.
· Successfully represented clients in almost every form of oil & gas industry related disputes.
· Successfully represented both creditors and debtors in a full range of creditors' rights issues.
· Successfully represented major national wholesalers in the food, apparel and sporting goods industries for over two decades.
· Successfully represented clients in all forms of real estate related litigation, including land use and zoning disputes, condemnations, title disputes, partition actions, foreclosures and receiverships.
· Extensive experience in class action litigation.
· Successfully won appeals concerning all areas of his practice.
· Strategies for effectively settling the eminent domain action on behalf of the landowner
In The News
· McAfee & Taft litigator quoted in feature on young associate work in courtrooms
The Journal Record - June 26, 2008
· Joe Bocock featured in bar association publication
Briefcase - March 1, 2008
Professional Organizations and Memberships
· Oklahoma County Bar Association
· Oklahoma Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· Oklahoma Bar Foundation (Fellow)
· William J. Holloway, Jr. American Inn of Court (Master of the Bench)