Joe recognizes and understands the adversities experienced by his business clients and has the practical knowledge that enables him to anticipate and prevent some of these situations. He resolves civil disputes for his clients through litigation, mediation, and a number of other alternative dispute resolution forums as a member of our Advocacy Group. He has a particular interest in the following areas:
· Advising clients on strategic approaches for the prompt and economical resolution of disputes
· Commercial litigation involving enforcement of security, bankruptcy, insolvency, collections and creditor's rights as the head of our Realization's Team
· Bankruptcy and Insolvency
· CCRA enforcement
· Builder's Liens
· Defence and prosecution of a variety of construction litigation matters including breaches and enforcement of contractual arrangements
· Preparation of Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney, and Estate Planning
· Advising clients on estate implications of re-marriages and common-law relationships
· Management and protection of estate assets through the establishment of trusts for spouses, children, and grandchildren
· Advising executors or corporate trustees in the administration of trusts and estates
· Estate Litigation including Probate, Intestacy, and contested matters
· Claims under Dependents' relief legislation
· Alternative Dispute Resolution
Joe has extensive trial experience and he has appeared as counsel at all levels of Court in Alberta as well as before a number of arbitration tribunals. He has a particular interest in construction litigation and has represented all aspects of the construction industry including owners, general contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers of materials.
Joe has assisted his clients as the head of the firm's Realization's Team with experience involving the enforcement of security, bankruptcy and insolvency, collections, and creditor's rights.
Joe has been a member of the Board of the St. Albert Minor Hockey Association for several years.