|University ||American University, B.A., Justice, 2003|
|Law School||American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 2006|
|Admitted||2007, New York and New Jersey|
Joshua Apfelroth is a special counsel in Cadwalader's Corporate Group.
His practice involves counseling clients in a broad range of complex transactional matters, including public and private mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, proxy contests, tender offers, exchange offers, spinoffs and joint ventures. He also represents issuers, underwriters and selling stockholders in connection with public and private securities offerings. Josh's practice also includes the representation of investment banks in their capacity as financial advisors on M&A and other transactions.
In addition to his transactional experience, Josh advises clients in a wide array of governance, securities and other commercial matters, including directors' duties and responsibilities, board composition, disclosure issues, and compliance.
Josh is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
His representative transactions include:
Mergers and Acquisitions
• Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. in its acquisition of Civitas Therapeutics, Inc.
• Forbes Media LLC on its sale of a majority stake to a group of international investors as part of the Company's global growth strategy.
• Towers Watson's sale of its Reinsurance Brokerage Business
• Towers Watson's acquisition of Liazon Corporation
• Elan Corporation, plc in the spinoff of a substantial portion of its drug discovery business platform
• Towers Watson's acquisition of Extend Health, Inc.
• Pfizer's acquisition of Wyeth
• Pfizer's acquisition of King Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
• Trian funds in the acquisition by Triarc of Wendy's
• Nektar Therapeutics' asset sale to Royalty Pharma
•six Flags' joint venture to acquire Dick Clark Productions, Inc.
• Bear Stearns' merger with JP Morgan
•six Flags' sale of certain theme parks to Parc 7F-Operations and CNL Income Properties
• Credit Suisse USA, Inc.'s purchase of Lime Financial Services
• Pfizer's sale of Consumer Healthcare Products Business by Pfizer to Johnson & Johnson
• JP Morgan Securities LLC, Centerview Partners, Banc of America Securities LLC, Financo Securities, Barclays, Lehman Brothers Inc., and Bear Stearns in their capacities as financial advisor in connection with various mergers and acquisitions transactions
• Perrigo Company plc in connection with its $80 million sale of ordinary shares of Prothena Corporation plc
• Deutsche Bank and other underwriters in connection with Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.'s issuance of 300 million senior unsecured notes
• Elan Corporation, plc. in its $381 million sale of ordinary shares of Alkermes plc and subsequent $170 million sale of its remaining ordinary shares of Alkermes plc
• Elan Corporation, plc in connection with its $600 million pursuant to Rule 144A of the Securities Act and its tender offer to purchase approximately $625 million of outstanding notes and related redemption of non-tendering notes
• Barclays and the other underwriters in connection with Lorillard Tobacco Company's issuance of $500 million senior unsecured notes
• Trian funds in its $166 million tender offer for common stock of Wendy's/Arby's Group, Inc.
• Pfizer in public offering and $13.5 billion public offering and $10.5 billion private placement to finance its acquisition of Wyeth
• Pfizer in its Consent Solicitation and Offer to Guarantee
• Bear Stearns in connection with the Bear Stearns Medium Term Note Program and Reverse Convertible Note Program
News & Resources
• Cadwalader Appoints Attorneys to Special Counsel Nov 24, 2014
• New Deals - Lawyers on Major Transactions Jan 29, 2009
• More Than 40 Cadwalader Attorneys Recognized by Super Lawyers 2014 New York Metro Edition Sep 15, 2014
Clients & Friends Memos
• M&A Update: Revlon: Motive, Market Checks and Injunctions Dec 24, 2014
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Revlon: Motive, Market Checks and Injunctions
Joshua Apfelroth,Gregory A. Markel,William P. Mills,Brittany Schulman,Martin L. Seidel, January 8, 2015
In two separate December 19th decisions, the Delaware Supreme Court and the Delaware Chancery Court declined to enjoin stockholder votes with respect to pending mergers for alleged violations of the target board’s Revlon duties. The decisions affirmed longstanding Delaware caselaw providing...
No Control, No Conflict, No Problem
Joshua Apfelroth,Gregory A. Markel,William P. Mills,Martin L. Seidel, November 15, 2014
On October 24th, the Delaware Chancery Court dismissed a lawsuit challenging the merger of Crimson Exploration and Contango Oil & Gas. Minority Crimson stockholders alleged that Oaktree Capital Management, Crimson’s largest stockholder with a 33.7% stake, controlled Crimson and caused it...
|Profile Visibility |
|#8,263 in weekly profile views out of 99,932 lawyers in New York, New York|
|#107,676 in weekly profile views out of 1,684,342 total lawyers Overall|