Judith D. Fryer advises financial service companies, private equity funds, real estate companies, and entrepreneurs in corporate transactions and securities matters. She specifically concentrates her practice in public and private offerings, roll-ups, mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and takeovers involving interests in, among other things, partnerships, REITs and LLC's.
Areas of Concentration
· Corporate and securities
· Public and private offerings
· Mergers and acquisitions
· Partnership and REIT tender offers
· Start-up opportunities
Professional & Community Involvement
· Former President, Women's Forum
· Past Member, Executive Committee and of Board of Governors of the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts, Inc. (NAREIT)
· Board Member, Investment Program Association (IPA)
· Former Chair, Subcommittee on Partnerships, Trusts and Unincorporated Associations of the Federal Regulation of Securities Committee of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association
· Former Chair, Subcommittee on Partnership and REIT Products of the State Regulation of Securities Committee of the ABA
· Former Chair, Practising Law Institute (PLI) program "REITs - Strategies for Financing and Growth in a Challenging Markets," and its predecessor programs, each of which produced a book by the same name
· Former Chair, 1,700 member Women Rainmakers Interest Group of the American Bar Association
· Former Co-chair, Women's Executive Circle
· Past Board Member, UJA Federation of New York
· Member, American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2013-2014
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, New York Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2007-2013
· Listed, Chambers Global, Capital Markets: REITs, 2009, 2011-2013
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011 and 2012
· Honoree, UJA-Federation of New York's Women's Philanthropy In Her Footsteps Event, 2011
· Listed, AVENUE magazine "Legal Elite," Real Estate Law, April 2011
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate Law, 2010
· Listed, Real Estate Forum "Women of Influence," September 2008
· Recipient, Professional Excellence Award" Hofstra Law School, March 2007
· American Bar Foundation (one third of 1 percent of lawyers in each state) (Fellow)
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented approximately 100 entities in connection with public offerings.
· Represented over 100 public entities in connection with ongoing corporate, securities compliance and other matters.
· Represent private equity funds in connection with their acquisitions and dispositions.
· Handle special proxy solicitations in connection with restructuring, sales of assets, and affiliated transactions.
· Represent Special Committees of Boards of Directors.
· Represent public entities in connection with corporate matters before the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and state securities commissions.
· Represent the real estate securities and syndication industries by testifying, drafting and otherwise lobbying with respect to legislation, guidelines and other rules affecting industry members, including the roll-up rules.
· Represent start-up businesses in various fields including Internet, technology, telecom and biomed.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Quoted, "W.P. Carey Announces REIT Conversion Plans," REIT.com, February 22, 2012
· Interviewed, "REIT IPOS May Not Meet Expectations," REIT.com, February 14, 2012
· Author, "A Revolution in the Making: Institutions Enter the Non-Traded Public REIT Arena," New York Real Estate Journal, May 2007
· Featured, Alumni Profile of the Month, Hofstra University School of Law, April 2006