- Joint Ventures, Strategic Alliances, Collaborations & Technology Transfer
- Health Information Technology & Electronic Health Records
- Privacy & Security
- Technology, Communications & Media
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Life Sciences
|Contact Info||Telephone: 617.348.3039|
Internet: Each Attorney's Internet Address takes the following form: first initial, last name @mintz.com (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
|University ||University of South Carolina, B.A., International Relations/Spanish, magna cum laude, 2002|
|Law School||University of South Carolina, M.A., International Law/Courts, 2004; University of New Hampshire, J.D., Intellectual Property/Business Law, magna cum laude, 2007|
|Memberships ||Massachusetts Bar Association; American Bar Association. |
Julia is an Associate in our Corporate & Securities section. Julia's practice focuses on intellectual property and technology licensing and data privacy and security. She represents clients in the structuring, drafting and negotiation of domestic and international agreements for technology development, acquisition, licensing, and distribution, outsourcing transactions, and other commercial transactions involving intellectual property assets. Julia is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) and provides advice to clients on data privacy and security matters.
Prior to joining Mintz Levin, Julia worked as a legal intern at a national investment firm in the intellectual property and licensing group. She was also a senior litigation clerk for the Honorable Amy W. McCulloch of the Richland County Probate Court of Columbia, South Carolina, and a Summer Associate at Mintz Levin in 2006. From January through May 2007, Julia was a legal intern at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Office of Sponsored Programs, where she drafted sponsored research agreements, intellectual property and nondisclosure agreements, and assisted in the agreement negotiation process.
In law school, she focused on business and intellectual property law and was a member of the Licensing Executives Society, the International Trademark Association, and Student Intellectual Property Law Association. She was also a teaching and research assistant for Prof. William Murphy, conducting research on structured finance and intellectual property securitization transactions.
· Represented both vendors and end-customers in the structuring, drafting, and negotiation of numerous technology license, development, implementation, hosting, and support arrangements
· Counseled a client in the health care industry in the structuring, drafting, and negotiation of an international outsourcing deal for procurement of administrative services
· Provided counsel on an advanced Web-based care management platform, and handled negotiations of strategic license arrangements with large health plans, and exclusive distributor relationships and other marketing alliances, on behalf of an innovative health IT software company
· Negotiated sponsored research agreements and other agreements involving intellectual property assets between start-up biotechnology clients and universities
· Participated in the drafting and negotiation of a number of complex collaboration and licensing transactions between biotechnology companies and large pharmaceutical companies
· Represented Tandem Labs in its sale to LabCorp
· Represented Beacon Health Strategies in its sale to Diamond Castle Holdings
Recognitions & Awards
· Selected to participate in the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce's Women's Leadership Program (2013-2014)
· Yacos Prize (named for Bankruptcy Judge James E. Yacos) for exceptional merit in commercial legal studies
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
· Member, Licensing Executives Society
· Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, American Health Lawyers Association
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Complaint from BBB Triggers HarperCollins COPPA-Compliance Measures
Julia M. Siripurapu, February 21, 2014
The Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU) announced (press release) that it has recommended that HarperCollins Publishers Ltd. (the “Company”) modify its information collection practices on its Ruby Redfort child-directed website (the “Site”) to better protect the...
FTC Approves Another COPPA Safe Harbor Program
Julia M. Siripurapu, February 19, 2014
The FTC has announced its unanimous approval for the kidSAFE Seal Program proposed by Samet Privacy, LLC under the “safe harbor” provision of the COPPA Rule (the “kidSAFE Seal Program”). The Commission’s decision comes after an extended public comment period due to the...
BREAKING NEWS: FTC Announces Major Settlement with Apple
Cynthia J. Larose,Julia M. Siripurapu, January 30, 2014
FTC Chairwoman Edith Ramirez just announced (press conference) that Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) has agreed to provide consumers full refunds of at least $32.5 Million Dollars to settle the Commission’s complaint alleging that Apple billed consumers millions of dollars in charges...
|Profile Visibility |
|#4,966 in weekly profile views out of 56,525 lawyers in Boston, Massachusetts|
|#153,015 in weekly profile views out of 1,505,612 total lawyers Overall|