Areas of Focus
Eleanor is a partner with Fillmore Riley LLP and practises primarily in the area of commercial law and wills and estates (Co-Chair of Wills & Estate Practice Group).
· Appointed Q.C in 1998
· Co-Chair, Wills and Estates Group, Fillmore Riley LLP
· Earned TEP designation from Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
· Member, Manitoba Bar Association
· Member, Canadian Bar Association
· Sessional Lecturer, Wills & Succession, University of Manitoba - Faculty of Law (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009)
· Past Lecturer, Corporate, Commercial, and Wills Courses (Law Society of Manitoba: Bar Admission)
· Member, ISO Committee, Articling Supervisory Committee, Entertainment Committee, Fillmore Riley LLP
· Member, Board of Directors, Oak Hammock Marsh Interpretive Centre since 2000
· Member, Laura's Committee (a group committed to encouraging volunteerism and providing financial support to inner city children through the schools they attend) since 2005
· Advisor to Board of Directors of Legal Help Centre Inc. (initiative to improve access to legal and social systems for people living in Winnipeg's inner city) since 2009
Publications / Presentations
Presenter, Law Society of Manitoba, Continuing Legal Education, "Considerations for Commercial Lawyers in Family Business" November 2011
Volunteer Presenter, Canadian Bar Association International Development Program - Workshops: Lao PDR November 2007, May 2010; Cambodia January 2011
Presenter, Society Trust and Estate Planners: "A Potpourri of Legal Issues" March 2010
Co-Author, "Corporate Trusteeship: Is this the Exclusive Domain of Trust Companies? The Manitoba Perspective" (2010) 29 E.T.P.J. 379.
Author, "Personal Representatives and Trustees: Resignation, Removal and Replacement - The Manitoba Perspective" (2009) 28 E.T.P.J. 252.
Co-Author, "Manitoba Multiple Wills and Probate Fees - A Perspective" (2007) 27 E.T.P.J. 62.