Mr. Wallace is a shareholder in the New Orleans office where he heads the firm's Antitrust and Trade Regulation Practice Group. He also serves on the firm's Executive Board of Directors. His practice includes a wide variety of commercial litigation matters, including the prosecution and defense of antitrust and unfair trade practice claims, intellectual property matters, contract and warranty disputes, lending and banking litigation, professional liability matters, construction claims, and significant tax litigation cases.
He defends major oil and gas companies and other corporate entities against potential antitrust and trade regulation violations, including claims involving price fixing, monopolization, bid rigging, bundled discount arrangements, and other pricing, distribution, and consumer protection allegations. Mr. Wallace serves as antitrust advisory counsel for a number of clients, including various trade associations, and works closely with the firm's business lawyers in obtaining regulatory approval of mergers and acquisitions in compliance with the Hart Scott Rodino Act. His practice also includes the representation of those targeted for prosecution of antitrust, RICO, and False Claims Act allegations by federal and state authorities in a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, distributing, petrochemical, maritime, health care, insurance, and biotechnology.
Mr. Wallace's practice also includes intellectual property litigation, as he has developed substantial experience in the prosecution and defense of trademark, copyright, patent infringement, and trade secret claims across a broad range of industries.
Mr. Wallace has written and lectured on various aspects of antitrust compliance and related trade regulation issues, including the interplay between antitrust and intellectual property laws as well as the antitrust implications of alliances in college football.
•Presenter, Ethics and Professionalism: Watch Your P's and Q's CLE, Louisiana State Bar Association, December 2015
•Presenter, The Bench, the Bar, and the Academy Unite to Discuss the Future of Legal Education, Annual Meeting of the Association of American Law Schools, January 2013
•Presenter, Antitrust Law Developments of 2012, DRI Commercial Litigation Committee Presentation, DRI Annual Meeting, October 2012
•Training Seminar on Antitrust and Competition Law Compliance at MSCI Gulf Region Chapter Annual Meeting in Mobile, Alabama, 2011.
•Speaker, The Significance of the Mentor in Developing Professionalism, New Orleans Bar Association, December 2009 and July 2010.
•Panelist, Making the Business Case for Diversity, Conclave on Diversity in the Legal Profession Sponsored by the Louisiana State Bar Association, March 2008.
•Key Note Speaker, Celebrating the Challenge of Diversity, American Association of Law Librarians National Conference - Annual Diversity Symposium, July 2007.
•Training seminar on antitrust and competition law compliance at Ineos Americas National Sales Meeting in Sandestin, Florida, April 2005.
• Intellectual Property and Antitrust Law, ABA Intellectual Property Deskbook for the Business Lawyer: A Transactions-Based Guide to Intellectual Property Law, Ch. 13 (3d ed.) 2013.
• The United States Supreme Court Limits the Ability to Invoke Civil RICO for Lost Tax Revenue, Defense Research Institute's The Business Suit, Vol. 13, Issue 10, December 9, 2010
•“Intellectual Property and Antitrust Law, ” ABA Intellectual Property Deskbook for the Business Lawyer: A Transactions-based guide to Intellectual Property Law, Ch. 13 (2d ed.) 2009.
•Recent Indictments Serve as Reminder That Communication and Collaboration Among Competitors Can Still Lead to Significant Antitrust Risks (2007)
• Subject Matter Jurisdiction in Antitrust and Business Tort Litigation, ABA Business Torts and Unfair Competition Handbook, Ch. 9 (2d ed.) 2006
• Class Action Reform Meets Challenge of Combining Fairness with Accessibility, 1 ABA Antitrust Sec. Bus. Torts RICO Rep. 12 (2004)
• Control Without Restraint - The Interplay of Antitrust and Trademark Laws in the Franchise Relationship, (with Marie Breaux), Distribution: Franchise and Dealership Committee Journal, A.B.A. Antitrust Sec., Vol. 6 (2002)
• Elite Domination of College Football: An Analysis of the Antitrust Implications of the Bowl Alliance, 6 Sports Law J. 57 (1999)