Other Areas of Law
Business Immigration; Citizenship; Consular Law; Employment Authorizations; Employment Immigration; Employment Visas; Family Immigration Law; Immigration Discrimination; Investor Visas; Labor Certifications; Permanent Visas; Religious Visas; Visas
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel, LL.B., 1998
1999, New York and State of Israel; U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second, Fifth, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits and U.S. Supreme Court
New York Bar Association; American Immigration Lawyers Association; Board of Directors, Japan-American Society of Georgia; Lawyers Club of Atlanta, Georgia Association for Women Lawyers (Former Member, Board of Directors), American-Israel Chamber of Commerce (Former Member, Board of Directors); Georgia Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (Former Member, Board of Directors).
English, Spanish and Hebrew
Karen Weinstock is the managing attorney of Weinstock Immigration Lawyers, the premier immigration law firm in Atlanta, Georgia. Prior to opening her own immigration law firm, Karen was the managing attorney of Siskind Susser Immigration Lawyers’ Atlanta office for over 11 years, from 2002 until 2013. Before then, Karen managed a solo law practice in New York City, serving international corporate clientele conducting business in the U.S. or moving to the U.S. for the first time.
Karen has over 15 years of experience as an attorney, and has practiced immigration law exclusively since 2001. Her corporate law experience enables her to better serve the particular needs of multinational corporations. Her expertise is in representing U.S. and international companies in the technology and healthcare industries as well as universities, researchers, physicians and investors with their immigration needs. She also counsels corporations and small businesses on immigration and I-9 compliance. She is the author and editor of "The H-1B Book", published by Immigration Law Weekly, and a speaker on immigration law topics in conferences around the world, publications and the general media.
Karen is originally from Israel and immigrated to the United States in 2000. She is fluent in English, Hebrew, and Spanish. Her genuine passion for immigration law is a direct result of her personal experience as an immigrant to the U.S. and extensive community involvement. She is driven by her own personal hardships immigrating to America to help her clients ease their transition here. Above all, Karen strives to provide her clients with the tools and resources they need in order to pursue their American dream and achieve the best results possible for each client.
Areas of Expertise
• Non-immigrant visas: , H-1B, L-1, E-1, E-2, R, J, O, TN, B, F
• Employment-based immigrant petitions: EB-1, EB-2, EB-3
• Labor certifications (PERM)
• National Interest Waivers for physicians, researchers and business professionals
• Permanent residence for executive and manager intra-company transferees
• Permanent residency for people with extraordinary ability in the sciences, business and arts
• Permanent residence for outstanding professors and researchers
• J-1 visa waivers
• I-9 Compliance and E-Verify
• Consulting for international companies on general immigration and ex-pat issues
Recognition & Honorable Mentions
• Martindale-Hubble's preeminent AV rating (5.0 out of 5.0)
• 2010 – 2013: Selected as "The Best Lawyers in America" since 2010 until present
• 2010 – 2013: Selected by her peers as a top corporate immigration attorney in "The International Who's Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers". This is the official research partner publication of the International Bar Association and the American Bar Association section of International Law.
• 2012: Selected by Georgia Trend Magazine as a 2012 Legal Elite in the category of immigration law.
• Nominated for the International Women of Influence Awards presented by GlobalEXECWomen and the International Council.
Disclaimer: No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. The testimonial or endorsement does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter. Any result that the endorsed lawyer or law firm may achieve on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate that similar results can be obtained for other clients. Past success cannot be an assurance of future success because each case must be decided on its own merits. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Martindale-Hubbell® does not undertake to develop a Client Review Rating or Peer Review Rating for all firms and/or lawyers. Therefore, the fact that a firm or lawyer has not been reviewed should not be construed as unfavorable. Martindale-Hubbell accepts no responsibility for and will not be liable for the content and accuracy of the individual Reviews and the aggregated Reviews.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com