Karim Adel Law Office (the Office) is an Egyptian law firm which was established in 1939 by the late Dr. Saba Habashi as a pioneer law office in the field of 'International Business Law'. In 1961 the Office came under the Management of Mr. Adel Kamel where it continued to grow in expertise and reputation in dealing with issues regarding 'International Business Law'. In 2000, the management of the office was passed to Mr. Karim Adel Kamel who, to date, is continuing the growth and expansion of the Office.
Since its establishment, the Office has offered a full and comprehensive range of legal services, in English, Arabic and French languages to a wide variety of multinational companies and Egyptian entrepreneurs operating in Egypt. These legal services are delivered in a high standard of professional service to its clients. The Office is very accustomed to working with other law offices in Egypt and internationally, in order to achieve a successful outcome for its clients. The Office is a safe and reliable choice for anyone in need of legal assistance, as it has proven time for over 70 years.
During the sixties and early seventies of the last century, the Office suffered a lot of the socialism and political situations of Nasser's regime era. During this era, the Office sustained and overcame these difficult times while most other Law Offices dealing with International Business Law completely shut down.
Among the many achievements of the Office in recent years, these are some examples:
1. The Office represented the Egyptian Shareholders in the Sale Purchase Agreement (SPA) of their shares in an Egyptian technology company to a French Company. This representation included the negotiation and the drafting of the SPA and all related agreements. Also, the Office achieved the completion arrangements including the Extraordinary General Meeting and the General Meeting, the amendments of the Article of Association, the recording of the shareholders ledgers for the transfer of the shares, and the commercial registry amendments.
2. A judgment was rendered by the South Cairo First Instant Court in favor of our client, dismissing a claim for the huge amount of US$ 20,008,000 (Twenty million and Eight thousand USD). The Office, also, succeeded in the appeal case.
3. The Office established legal entities in Egypt such as Pertonas Egypt (branch), Parsons Egypt (LLC), Alan Dick North Africa (LLC), and Schick Egypt (LLC).
4. The Office represented owners by negotiating and drafting their management agreements with different hotel management companies such as El Guiza Co. for its hotel named Rotana Sharm ElSheikh, EMECO Co. for its floating hotels and Ramo Co, for its hotel Hyatt Sharm El Sheikh.
5. The Office filed a bad debt collection case on behalf of Hilton, and the Office succeeded in reaching a settlement agreement whereby the debtor agreed to pay the sum of US$ 1.8 million in installments.
6. The Office succeeded in evacuating all of the shops prior to the renovation of Hilton Luxor either though negotiation or by arbitration.
7. The Office succeeded in settling a court case between a hotel operator and an owning company whereby the owning company was claiming the sum of US$ 2.5 million.
8. The Office succeeded to win the case filed against a large Swiss bank "the UBS bank " for an amount of US$ 14 million in a record of time.
9. The Office finalized the sale purchase agreement of a large hotel company in Sharm to an Arab consortium for the amount of US$ 80 million.
10. The Office was appointed by Tropicana Hotels to review all its labor regulations and agreements to conform with the applicable standards applied by the Hotel multinational companies.
11. The Office successfully established Coface Egypt, a subsidiary of the French Company Coface, and The Office conducted all due diligence for the assets purchased as well as drafted the 'asset purchase agreements'.
12. The Office drafted many of the lease agreements to hotels in Sharm El Sheikh on behalf of the Egyptian operators Savita Co, and Tropicana Co.
13. The Office negotiated on behalf of the Egyptian party in regard to a shareholder agreement and other related agreements such as a trademark license agreement, a lease agreement and exclusivity agreement for the incorporation of a joint company venture with an Italian company (Pelliconi Egypt).
14. The Office acted as a local counselor to Edison International regarding the Petroleum Concession Agreements for the AbuQir field. This concession agreement was described by the Minister of Petroleum as "the Deal of the Century". Edison paid to the Egyptian Government an amount of 1.4 billion US Dollars as a grant.
15. The Office succeeded to achieve all the required results in an arbitration claim handled on behalf of the management company Savita Resorts and Spa.
16. The Office established Bostik Egypt as a subsidiary of the French company Bostik SA to produce adhesive products.