- Insurance Defense
- Professional Liability
- Property Insurance
- Bad Faith
- Corporate Transactions
- Environmental & Toxic Tort
- Mass Tort & Class Action
- Products Liability
- Trucking & Transportation
- Banking, Real Property & Foreclosure
- Title Resolution
Louisiana State University, B.S., Business Administration, 2002
Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, J.D., 2005
2005, Louisiana; 2006, Mississippi; Alabama State Courts; United States District Court of the Eastern District of Louisiana; United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi; United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Harrison County Bar Association
Harrison County Young Lawyers Association
Mississippi Women Lawyers Association
Mississippi Associated Builders and Contractors
Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce
Risk Management Association
Coast Young Professionals
Krewe of Hera
Order of Billikins
Gulfport Business Club
The daughter of a litigator, Kathryn Breard Platt learned about the law and how to argue at a young age. She is passionate about obtaining positive results for her clients. Whether Kathryn is defending a client in large, complex construction litigation or representing a client in a small collections matter, she provides the representation that she would expect from a lawyer. Kathryn understands the importance of keeping clients informed while developing an aggressive path to success.
Since joining Galloway Johnson in 2005, Kathryn has represented large corporations, small businesses, insurance companies, and individuals throughout Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. Kathryn's experience and knowledge of the law have helped her obtain dismissal of clients through summary judgment and after a trial on the merits, as well as obtain responsible settlements when doing so is in the client's best interests. Additionally, she has successfully obtained voluntary dismissals of her clients through the use of Litigation Accountability Act letters.
Representative experience includes:
• Successfully trying jury and bench trials in Mississippi and Alabama
• Successfully mediating dozens of cases in Mississippi and Louisiana
• Handling complex construction litigation, Hurricane Katrina litigation, trucking litigation, Chinese Drywall litigation, and asbestos litigation
• Appearing regularly before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
• Negotiating complex contracts
• Speaking before the Mississippi Associated Builders & Contractors by providing Lunch & Learn Seminars
• Providing seminars for the Mississippi Section of the ASCE
• Providing Continuing Education Units for engineers and architects in Louisiana and MississippiKathryn also authored an article entitled “Homebuilder Liability in Mississippi for Defective Component Parts: Why Homebuilders Should Not be Liable for Defective Component Products” which was published in the MDLA Quarterly in the Winter of 2012.
Kathryn has earned an “BV Distinguished” rating from Martindale-Hubbell for her ethical standards and legal ability. She also regularly acts as a mock trial judge and volunteers for A Lawyer in Every Mississippi Classroom. Kathryn is married with three children and attends St. Michael Catholic Church in Biloxi, Mississippi.
Disclaimer: No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. The testimonial or endorsement does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter. Any result that the endorsed lawyer or law firm may achieve on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate that similar results can be obtained for other clients. Past success cannot be an assurance of future success because each case must be decided on its own merits. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Martindale-Hubbell® does not undertake to develop a Client Review Rating or Peer Review Rating for all firms and/or lawyers. Therefore, the fact that a firm or lawyer has not been reviewed should not be construed as unfavorable. Martindale-Hubbell accepts no responsibility for and will not be liable for the content and accuracy of the individual Reviews and the aggregated Reviews.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com