Ms. Scalise practices in the areas of admiralty insurance, tort defense and products liability defense. Her professional experience includes admiralty matters connected with personal injuries and offshore drilling, and her litigation background includes trials, arbitrations, motions practice, discovery, extensive electronic productions, and mediations.
She has represented clients in admiralty and land-based tort actions, in vessel collisions and other admiralty matters, in products liability defense matters, and in premises liability actions. She has also advised clients on contract negotiations and indemnity issues, and has handled cases on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants.
A leader of the Young Lawyers section of the Federal Bar Association, Ms. Scalise served as a law clerk to the Honorable James L. Dennis, Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, from 2000-2001.
Honors & Affiliations:
· Federal Bar Association - Chapter Younger Lawyers Division, Chair, 2005-2006; Chapter Board of Directors; Chapter Secretary; National Young Lawyers Division Chair; Co-Director, Thurgood Marshall Moot Court Competition
· New Orleans, Louisiana State, Federal and American Bar Association - Member
· Women's Energy Network
· Louisiana Bar Foundation, fellow (2007)
· Law Clerk to the Honorable James L. Dennis, Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2000-2001
· "Students Beware: Gebser v. Logo Vista I.S.D.," 60 La. L. Rev. 321 (1999)