Ken is a partner in the Corporate practice group in the firm's Los Angeles office. Chambers USA ranks him highly for Healthcare, where he was commended for his broad-based ability in the regulatory area.
Areas of Practice
Ken represents a wide range of healthcare providers and healthcare companies, including specialty and general acute hospitals (including local district, nonprofit and for-profit facilities), home health agencies, pharmaceutical vendors, nursing facilities, and health information and management providers.
Ken has experience in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and certification, state licensing, and federal regulatory compliance.
Additionally, he counsels clients on physician referral law limitations, state and federal fraud and abuse issues, and state and federal false claims and program fraud matters.
Ken helps clients both establish and operate health care compliance programs. He has developed corporate compliance programs designed to identify Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and certification issues, licensing and federal regulatory compliance matters, fraud and abuse issues, as well other regulatory compliance matters. He has assisted clients in both internal and external investigations of health care facilities and has experience in advising clients on disclosure and reporting obligations and strategies under the various federal and state false claims laws.
•Leading Lawyer, Chambers USA, 2005-2015
•AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
•Healthcare, Legal 500, 2010, 2011, 2013-2015
•Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers, 2011-2015
•Southern California Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2011-2015
Publications & News
•MSSP ACO Program - Proposed Rule
AHLA, December 2014
• The Baucus Health Bill - A Mixed Bag for Drug Makers? Corporate Compliance Insights, January 18, 2010
• Caution, Scrutiny Ahead: Physician-Hospital Collaboration Drawing More Regulatory Attention, Modern Healthcare, May 5, 2006
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
• The Supreme Court Upholds The Availability Of Subsidies On The Federal Exchange-Where Do We Go From Here? June 25, 2015
• More Risk for All and “Free” Care? March 20, 2015
• Stripping the ACA of Both the Carrot and the Stick: Sticking it to Consumers On and Off the Federal Exchange, March 13, 2015
• Oral Argument in King v. Burwell Concludes; Debates Ensue, March 4, 2015
• On the Eve of Oral Arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court in King v. Burwell: Obamacare in the Balance, March 2, 2015
• The push for greater transparency in healthcare continues, May 14, 2014
• Enforcement of the Two-Midnight Rule Delayed Again, April 7, 2014
• Dual Eligibles Coordinated Care Demonstration postponed to July 2013, September 17, 2012
• Accountable Care Organizations: Payment Options for ACOs Pursuant to the Proposed Rule, May 24, 2011
•Proposed Rule: Legal Structure and Governance of ACOS, April 12, 2011
• CMS Releases Self-Referral Disclosure Protocol for Stark Violations, November 29, 2010
• OIG Releases Fiscal Year 2011 Work Plan, November 29, 2010