Areas of Concentration
· Construction litigation
· Commercial litigation
· Inter-insurer and reinsurance litigation
· Non-compete litigation
· Trade secrets litigation
· Medical practice dissolution litigation
· Other healthcare-related litigation
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, The Florida Bar
- Trial Lawyers Section
- Business Litigation Committee
· Member, Broward County Bar Association, Construction Law Section
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2013-2014
Professional Experience |
· Represented the Broward County School Board against its health insurer for canceling coverage for 16,000 employees, resulting in a $6 million settlement.
· Represented the largest gastroenterology group in Southwest Florida in multiple physician termination-related litigations during 2003.
· Represented, on an ongoing basis, a large South Florida dialysis provider, on variety of business and litigation issues. Frequently consulted on employee related litigation-prevention, preparation of employee handbook, updates to same, and similar matters. Most recently successfully litigated federal discrimination case in U.S. District Court for Southern District of Florida.
· Represented, on an ongoing basis, urological healthcare provider on business and litigation issues, including physician employment agreements, non-compete litigation and related matters.
· Represented disease management services provider in litigation against insurer.
· Represented insurer in reinsurance dispute with Florida Department of Financial Services.
· Represented the owners of a dog track in connection with the collapse of the track's Grandstand in May, 1997.
· Secured numerous injunctions against employees who attempted to take, sell or use their former employers' proprietary information.
· Represented the owners of a Shopping Plaza in connection with claims for roof and related structural damage following Hurricane Andrew.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publication s
· Co-author, law review article entitled "Indemnification of Corporate Officers and Directors," published in the Nova Law Review, examines mandatory and permissive corporate obligations to indemnify officers, directors or employees for litigation expenses incurred in suits brought concerning acts committed in their corporate capacities