Ken's corporate finance experience includes representation of issuers, investors and underwriters in venture capital transactions, private placements, public offerings and lending transactions. Ken also advises clients on general corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, employment and shareholder agreements and SEC reporting requirements. Ken's experience in aviation matters includes advising airlines, leasing companies and private clients in the purchase, sale and leasing of commercial and corporate aircraft, spare engines and other aviation equipment, and in the financing of aviation equipment through traditional secured loans, leveraged leases and export credit (U.S. and European) backed facilities; and representing airlines in the negotiation of acquisitions, strategic alliances, purchase and vendor support agreements and general corporate matters.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Chair, Miami Coalition for Christians and Jews
· Member, American Bar Association
· Mentor, Take Stock in Children
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law; Securities and Capital Markets Law, 2011-2014
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Member, team ranked as a top corporate law firm in Miami as selected by corporate directors, in the annual "Legal Industry Research Study," Corporate Board Member magazine, and FTI Consulting Inc. (10th year), 2002-2009, 2011-2012
· Listed, Florida Trend magazine "Legal Elite," Corporate and Securities Law, 2010
· Team Member, Chambers Latin America "Law Firm of the Year Award," Corporate & Finance, 2010
· Team Member, Chambers Latin America Inaugural Awards for Excellence "Law Firm of the Year Award" for Focus on Latin America, 2009
· Listed, Euromoney Experts Guide, Aviation
· Listed, International Who's Who Legal
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented clients in the acquisition and financing of several billion dollars of commercial aircraft, spare engines and other aviation equipment. Ken has also represented airlines and aircraft leasing companies in the negotiation of numerous operating leases of aircraft and related equipment. He also assists aviation clients in equity and debt financings, acquisitions and dispositions of equity interests in airlines and related businesses, as well as strategic alliances and other commercial agreements particular to the aviation industry such as code share and marketing alliances, frequent flyer arrangements and technology systems and services agreements.
· Ken's merger and acquisition representations include acting as counsel to: Grupo Taca Holdings Limited (TACA) in its joint venture with Synergy Aerospace Corp. (whose holdings include interests in Avianca, SAM and Tampa airlines), to create one of the largest airline groups in Latin America; Grupo TACA in its sale of an 80% interest in its maintenance subsidiary to ACTS LP, a subsidiary of ACE Aviation Holdings; Cruise America (largest company in North America specializing in rental and sales of recreational vehicles) in its acquisition by Budget Group; DFA Holdings in its acquisition of World Duty Free Americas (operator of duty free retail stores along the U.S. borders and in U.S. airports); Equinox Systems (manufacturer of server server-based communications products) in its acquisition by Avocent; Equitrac (provider of computer systems solutions for managing office equipment resources) in a recapitalization and merger transaction; Indigo Aviation (commercial aircraft leasing company) in its acquisition by AerFi Group; More Direct (supplier of IT products to corporations and governmental organizations) in its acquisition by PC Connections; and SportsLine.com (internet-based sports media company) in numerous acquisitions, dispositions and strategic alliances and its acquisition by Viacom.
· Handled equity and debt offerings for corporations in a wide variety of industries, including: sports media (SportsLine.com - IPO, secondary and 144A debt offering), air cargo (Fine Air Services -- IPO and 144A debt offering), aircraft leasing (Indigo Aviation -- IPO), recreational vehicle leasing and sales (Cruise America -- secondary and private debt offerings), computer hardware and software (Equinox Systems and Equitrac Corporation -- IPOs), specialty retail and wholesale (Perfumania -- IPO and secondary) and fuel management (Streicher Mobile Fueling -- IPO).