Kevin Morris practices in the areas of commercial real estate, including real estate leasing, finance, development, and distressed loan workouts and foreclosures. His experience includes negotiating, documenting and consummating a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including loans and loan modifications, leasing, asset-based lending, acquisitions and dispositions, and distressed real property workouts and foreclosures.
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law; Real Estate Law, 2012-2014
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Southwest Super Lawyers, 2013
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010 and 2013
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011 and 2012
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented national and loan servicers in a variety of commercial loan matters, including modifications, foreclosures, deeds in lieu, forbearance agreements, settlement agreements, receiverships and loan sales.
· Represented sellers and buyers of loans and loan portfolios.
· Represented national restaurant chains in leasing transactions.
· Represented national lenders in connection with real estate finance transactions located on Indian tribal lands.
· Equipment financings and leasehold financings in single and multi-state transactions involving regional and nationally recognized franchised restaurants, retail automotive part stores, automotive repair and maintenance facilities, convenience stores, and combination convenience store/gas stations facilities.
· Represented sellers and buyers of commercial properties, including hotels, motels and resorts.
· Represented lenders and borrowers in distressed real property loan modifications, foreclosures, receiverships, workouts and settlements.