Kevin's practice focuses on all aspects of bankruptcy and commercial law, workouts, restructurings, and commercial lending transactions, including negotiating and documenting commercial loans and credits. He represents corporate debtors, secured and unsecured lenders, trustees, bondholders, committees, lessors and lessees, and other entities in out-of-court restructuring and bankruptcy proceedings. He has significant experience in distressed acquisitions and divestitures, complex commercial transactions, and business litigation.
His lending experience includes the representation of many lenders, as well as corporate borrowers, in matters involving working capital and asset based financings, acquisition loans, and syndicated credit facilities. Kevin has been involved in a wide variety of debt financings, including receivables securitizations, senior and subordinated debt issues, and bond financing involving a federally recognized Indian tribal government.
Kevin has written articles and lectured in a variety of legal and business forums, including Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, on various topics related to bankruptcies, restructurings, and commercial lending, including bankruptcy sales (both buyer and seller perspectives), recharacterization of equity and equitable subordination, recognizing bankruptcy risks in second lien lending situations, negotiating credit agreements, and enforcing guaranties.
During law school, he was an articles editor of theNew York Law School Law Reviewand a national finalist in the Judge Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition.
• Fifty-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2014 Guide, (05.23.2014)
• Seventy-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2013 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.21.2013)
• Sixty-Three Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2014 Edition, (08.15.2013)
• Forty-Eight Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2013 Guide, (05.24.2013)
• Mintz Levin Advises on Top Greentech Deal of 2012, (01.08.2013)
• Seventy-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2012 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.22.2012)
• Mintz Levin Represents New England Sinai Hospital in Acquisition by Steward Health Care System, LLC, (09.27.2012)
• Sixty Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 Edition, (08.24.2012)
• Forty-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2012 Guide, (06.07.2012)
• Mintz Levin's Energy and Clean Technology Practice Represents GreatPoint Energy in $1.25 Billion Joint Venture, (06.04.2012)
• Fifty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.21.2011)
• Thirty Four Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2011 Guide, (03.21.2011)
• Forty-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.19.2010)
• Mintz Levin Adds Six Attorneys to Chambers USA 2010 Guide, (03.23.2010)
• Forty-Eight Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.27.2009)
• Chambers USA Names 22 Mintz Levin Attorneys Leaders in Their Fields for 2009, (06.12.2009)
• Forty-Six Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.29.2008)
• Chambers USA Names 20 Mintz Levin Attorneys Leaders in their Fields for 2008, (06.18.2008)
• Forty-Five Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.25.2007)
• Chambers USA Names 19 Mintz Levin Attorneys Leaders in Their Fields for 2007, (06.15.2007)
Recognitions & Awards
• Best Lawyers in America: Bankruptcy and Creditor Dector Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2013 - 2014)
• Chambers USA: Massachusetts-Bankruptcy/Restructuring (2006 - 2014)
• Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights (2006 - 2013)
• Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star - Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights (2005 - 2006)
• Madison's Who's Who Honors Edition (2006 - 2007)
Speaker,The Trouble with TOUSA, Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys, New York, NY (10.23.2012)
• Speaker,How to Protect Yourself from the Financial Distress of Your Customers,Business and Legal Challenges in a Down Market, Mintz Levin and the German-American Business Council of Boston, Boston, MA (04.16.2009)
• Speaker,Tips for Protecting Yourself from the Financial Distress of Your Customers, Mintz Levin, Webinar (01.29.2009)