- Restructuring & Insolvency
|Contact Info||Telephone: 416.777.5738|
|University ||McMaster University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1987|
|Law School||University of Ottawa, LL.B., magna cum laude, 1990|
Kevin Zych is a partner in the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice Group in Toronto. His practice focuses on private loan workouts and judicially supervised restructurings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act, including related litigation, with an emphasis on cross-border restructuring.
Kevin's recent public engagements include:
· Counsel to Sino-Forest Corporation in its restructuring proceedings under the CCAA.
· Counsel to the bondholders in connection with the acquisition of OPTI Canada Inc by CNOOC Limited pursuant to a CCAA Plan.
· Counsel to the bondholders in Nortel.
· Counsel to the bondholders in the CCAA proceedings of Trident Exploration Corp.
· Counsel to the Information Officer in the CCAA Proceedings of TerreStar Networks.
· Canadian counsel to the official committee in Smurfit-Stone.
· Counsel to Hollinger Canadian Publishing Holdings in its CCAA proceedings.
· Canadian counsel to the official committee in AbitibiBowater.
· Counsel to the largest bondholder in the recapitalization of Ainsworth Lumber Co., Ltd.
· Counsel to the CCAA Monitor in Progressive Molded Products, et al.
· Canadian counsel to the official committee in Québecor World, et al.
· Counsel to Sun Times Media Group in the CCAA proceedings of Hollinger Inc.
· Canadian counsel to the official committee in Dura Automotive.
· Counsel to the secured creditor in the CCAA proceedings of Amcan Consolidated Technologies Inc.
· Counsel to the senior unsecured bondholders in the CCAA proceedings of Stelco Inc.
· Counsel to the senior unsecured bondholders in the CCAA proceedings of Doman Industries Limited.
· Counsel to the Canadian affiliate of Pillowtex Corporation in its liquidation proceedings.
· Canadian counsel to the Plan Sponsor in the restructuring of General Chemical Industrial Products.
· Counsel to the unsecured noteholders in the CCAA proceedings of Ivaco.
· Counsel to bondholders and term lenders with claims in excess of $950 million in the cross-border restructuring proceedings of the Pioneer Companies (the first case involving a cross-border insolvency protocol between the Quebec Superior Court and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas).
· Counsel to bondholders in the restructuring of AT&T Canada Inc. ($4.5 billion).
· Counsel to bondholders in the CCAA proceedings of Teleglobe ($4 billion).
· Counsel to bondholders in the cross-border restructuring proceedings of Laidlaw Inc. ($5 billion).
Kevin is recognized as a leading lawyer in a number of national and international publications on lawyers, including the following:
· Woodward White's The Best Lawyers in Canada;
· Identified as one of the top 25 Litigators to Watch in both the 2006 Lexpert Guide to the 100 Most Creative Lawyers in Canada and the 2005 Lexpert Guide to the Leading 100 Canada/US Cross-Border Litigators in Canada;
· The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory;
· Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business; and
· IFLR 1000: The Guide To The World's Leading Financial Law Firms.
Banks & Financial Institutions
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,518 in weekly profile views out of 17,032 lawyers in Toronto, Ontario|
|#149,597 in weekly profile views out of 1,515,714 total lawyers Overall|