|Education||College of Law (LPC); University of Texas at Austin; University of Nottingham (LL.B.)|
Kimberley Cottrell joined the Firm in 2010 and has been a qualified Associate in the Business Law Department since September 2012. Her practice focuses on private equity and venture capital.
The London VC team supports entrepreneurs, early stage businesses and angel investors through the Firm's HIT Programme which defers legal fees for innovative business until such time as they raise significant finance or generate revenues and by offering start-up clients access to free software that enables them to write their own legal business documentation. We also support those that support entrepreneurs through our sponsorship and hosting of sponsoring various Angels Den events.
· Acted for United Technologies in connection with the sale of a UK security service business to Securitas.
· Assisted Bessemer Venture Partners on its successful investment in Russian online retailer, KupiVIP.
· Advised AmWINS Group, Inc on its £32 million recommended takeover, by way of a scheme of arrangement, of THB Group plc.
· Advised Battery Ventures on the acquisition and subsequent recapitalisation of Scottish company, Gas Measurement Instruments, Ltd (GMI), a global leader in portable and fixed gas detection products.
· Advised Global General and Reinsurance Company Limited on its capital reduction and share buyback programme.
Business Law/ Intellectual Property
Kimberley was seconded to one of the world's leading luxury brand groups, for six months in March 2012. During this time, Kimberley:
· Managed the process and production of a brand's freelancer and consultancy agreements.
· Assisted with updating brands' website terms and conditions, privacy policies and data protection policies.
· Advised on the protection and enforcement of IP rights of the group's portfolio brands.
· Assisted with drafting licensing agreements.
Before Edwards Wildman
Kimberley graduated from the University of Nottingham and the University of Texas in Austin with a degree in Law with American Law (LL,B.). She completed her Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in London Moorgate in 2009. Kimberley then spent one year working for the Ministry of Justice before travelling in South America for four months.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Kimberley enjoys team sports such as netball which led her to found the Edwards Wildman netball squad. She also enjoys swimming having had a successful amateur swimming career.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Swiss Immigration EU Initiative Threatens to Jeopardise Access to Free Market
Kimberley Cottrell, March 12, 2014
On 9 February 2014, 50.3% of Swiss voters backed an initiative calling for quotas on immigrants from the EU. The initiative was proposed by the right wing Swiss People’s Party (SVP) and has caused considerable tension between Switzerland and Brussels. Supporters of the quotas blame the rise...
Solvency II - ECIROA Raises Concerns Over Solvency II for Captives
Kimberley Cottrell,Chris Finney, December 26, 2013
The European Captive Insurance and Reinsurance Owners’ Association (ECIROA) has written to the Internal Market and Services Directorate General of the European Commission, and the European Insurance and Occupation Pensions Authority (EIOPA).
|Profile Visibility |
|#960 in weekly profile views out of 19,973 lawyers in London, England|
|#137,516 in weekly profile views out of 1,509,349 total lawyers Overall|