- Business Law
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Cross Border
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Regulatory & Transactional Services
|Education||College of Law (LPC); University of Texas at Austin; University of Nottingham (LL.B.)|
|Admitted||England and Wales|
Kimberley is an associate in the Business Law Department and trained with the firm. Her practice focuses on private equity and venture capital, but she advises on a wide range of corporate matters. Kimberley has also spent some time on client secondments to a global insurance company and one of the world's leading luxury brand groups.
• Assisted ABRY Partner LLP in relation to its purchase of a controlling interest in Thomson Online Benefits.
• Assisted a US investment bank on the merger of a multinational telecommunications operator with a European based technology provider.
• Acted for United Technologies in connection with the sale of a UK security service business to Securitas.
• Assisted Bessemer Venture Partners on its successful investment in Russian online retailer, KupiVIP.
• Advised AmWINS Group, Inc on its 32 million recommended takeover, by way of a scheme of arrangement, of THB Group plc.
• Advised Battery Ventures on the acquisition and subsequent recapitalisation of Scottish company, Gas Measurement Instruments, Ltd (GMI), a global leader in portable and fixed gas detection products.
• Advised a leading online high-end fashion retailer in connection with its convertible loan note and loan note financings.
Financial Services and Regulatory Law
• Advised a large motor manufacturer and motor dealer on its coverholder and insurance mediation contracts.
• Advised firms on whether they are carrying on regulated activities in the UK without an FSA permission on the regularisation of their activities.
Secondment to a global insurance company
• Kimberley spent six months on secondment with a global insurance company.
• Advised on, drafted and negotiated commercial agreements such as service agreements, terms of business agreements with insurance brokers, non-disclosure agreements and consultancy agreements.
• Advised the company on and implemented its data protection policy and registrations.
• Advised the company on its document retention policy.
Secondment to a world leading luxury brand group
• Kimberley spent six months on secondment with one of the world's leading luxury brand groups.
• Managed the process and production of a brand's freelancer and consultancy agreements.
• Assisted with updating brands' website terms and conditions, privacy policies and data protection policies.
• Advised on the protection and enforcement of IP rights of the group's portfolio brands.
• Assisted with drafting licensing agreements.
Before Edwards Wildman
Kimberley graduated from the University of Nottingham and the University of Texas in Austin with a degree in Law with American Law (LL, B.). She completed her Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in London Moorgate in 2009. Kimberley then spent one year working for the Ministry of Justice before travelling in South America for four months.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Kimberley enjoys team sports such as netball which led her to found the Edwards Wildman netball squad. She also enjoys swimming having had a successful amateur swimming career.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Swiss Immigration EU Initiative Threatens to Jeopardise Access to Free Market
Kimberley Cottrell, March 12, 2014
On 9 February 2014, 50.3% of Swiss voters backed an initiative calling for quotas on immigrants from the EU. The initiative was proposed by the right wing Swiss People’s Party (SVP) and has caused considerable tension between Switzerland and Brussels. Supporters of the quotas blame the rise...
Solvency II - ECIROA Raises Concerns Over Solvency II for Captives
Kimberley Cottrell,Chris Finney, December 26, 2013
The European Captive Insurance and Reinsurance Owners’ Association (ECIROA) has written to the Internal Market and Services Directorate General of the European Commission, and the European Insurance and Occupation Pensions Authority (EIOPA).
|Profile Visibility |
|#829 in weekly profile views out of 20,172 lawyers in London, England|
|#129,265 in weekly profile views out of 1,568,853 total lawyers Overall|