Kin is a member of the Firm's Private Client Department. He has particular knowledge in trust and estate administration, and often advises fiduciaries on questions of liability and income and generation-skipping tax issues.
· Kin provides guidance to families on the effective disposition of their assets under today's tax uncertainties, including charitable gift planning.
· He regularly advises clients to make certain the most appropriate individuals and institutions serve as the fiduciary.
· Kin serves as co-trustee with client family members and financial institutions on many accounts, and as co-executor when called upon to do so.
· He works extensively with clients in order to minimize income, gift and estate taxes. He counsels the survivors in the settlement of their estate and has represented many multi-generational families.
Before Edwards Wildman
In his "off" time during college and law school, Kin worked as a cook, mate and captain on various vessels sailing to Nova Scotia, Europe, the Caribbean and in the Mediterranean.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Kin is currently a Board member of the Swan Point Cemetery, a member of the Audit Committee of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and Rhode Island Philharmonic Planned Giving Committee. Kin is a member of the Cruising Club of America and in his spare time enjoys sailing, often offshore. Kin enjoys family life with his wife Meredith and his four children, who occasionally challenge him to a game of squash.
News & Publication
March 14, 2013, Best Lawyers Honors Five Edwards Wildman Attorneys as 'Lawyer of the Year 2013'
September 27, 2012, Best Lawyers Recognizes 56 Edwards Wildman Attorneys
October 7, 2010, EAPD Attorneys Selected For Inclusion in Super Lawyers 2010
August 10, 2010, Sixty EAPD Attorneys Recognized by the Best Lawyers in America
November 6, 2009, EAPD Attorneys Selected For Inclusion in Super Lawyers 2009
September 1, 2009, 62 EAPD Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers in America 2010
February 4, 2009, 57 EAPD Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers in America 2009
October 30, 2008, EAPD Attorneys Named Super Lawyers 2008
October 30, 2007, EAPD Attorneys Named Super Lawyers 2007
October 10, 2007, 57 EAPD Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers in America 2008
September 5, 2006, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Attorneys Recognized as "Best Lawyers in America"
· American Bar Association
· American College of Trust & Estate Counsel
· Florida Bar Association
· Estate Planning Council of Rhode Island
· Massachusetts Bar Association
· Rhode Island Bar Association
· The Planned Giving Council of Rhode Island