- Estate Planning and Administration
- Fiduciary Law
|University ||Harvard College, B.A., 1967|
|Law School||Georgetown University Law School, J.D., 1971|
|Admitted||1971, Massachusetts and Rhode Island; 1981, Florida|
|Born||New Bedford, Massachusetts, June 9, 1944|
Kin is a member of the Firm's Private Client Department. He has particular knowledge in trust and estate administration, and often advises fiduciaries on questions of liability and income and generation-skipping tax issues. He has recently been recognized in the 2014 B est Lawyers in America publication for his work in Trusts and Estates Litigation.
· Kin provides guidance to families on the effective disposition of their assets under today's tax uncertainties, including charitable gift planning.
· He regularly advises clients to make certain the most appropriate individuals and institutions serve as the fiduciary.
· Kin serves as co-trustee with client family members and financial institutions on many accounts, and as co-executor when called upon to do so.
· He works extensively with clients in order to minimize income, gift and estate taxes. He counsels the survivors in the settlement of their estate and has represented many multi-generational families.
Before Edwards Wildman
In his "off" time during college and law school, Kin worked as a cook, mate and captain on various vessels sailing to Nova Scotia, Europe, the Caribbean and in the Mediterranean.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Kin is currently a Board member of the Swan Point Cemetery, a member of the Audit Committee of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and Rhode Island Philharmonic Planned Giving Committee. Kin is a member of the Cruising Club of America and in his spare time enjoys sailing, often offshore. Kin enjoys family life with his wife Meredith and his four children, who occasionally challenge him to a game of squash.
American Bar Association
American College of Trust & Estate Counsel
Florida Bar Association
Estate Planning Council of Rhode Island
Massachusetts Bar Association
Rhode Island Bar Association
The Planned Giving Council of Rhode Island
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#326 in weekly profile views out of 2,660 lawyers in Providence, Rhode Island|
|#148,133 in weekly profile views out of 1,504,343 total lawyers Overall|