|Contact Info||Telephone: 803-285-0004|
|Mailing Address||P.O. Box 2046, Lancaster, SC, 29721-2046|
|University ||Clemson University, B.A., Communications, cum laude with departmental honors, 2004|
|Law School||University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2007|
|Admitted||2007, South Carolina; United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit; United States District Court for the District of South Carolina|
Kristian C. Bell is special counsel at Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. She concentrates her practice in the area of employment law, with a particular emphasis in workers' compensation.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Bell worked as an attorney for a Columbia-based firm practicing in the areas of workers' compensation, employment, and retail/hospitality. She has also practiced in national commercial business litigation.
In addition to her practice, Ms. Bell serves the state of South Carolina as a member of the Judicial Merit Selection Commission, which is the panel responsible for evaluating the qualifications and fitness of candidates for all judicial positions on the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, Circuit Courts, and other courts of this state that are filled by election of the South Carolina General Assembly.
• Columbia Business Monthly's 2013 Legal Elite - Workers' Compensation
• Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands' 2013 Board Member of the Year
• "Examination of a Workers' Comp Claim from A to Z," South Carolina Black Lawyers Association Retreat, Nov. 2014
• "6 Mistakes Managers Make in Performance Reviews," JDSupra.com, Dec. 2014
• "Avoid the 'Summer Blues': Things to Consider as You Prepare Your Firm For Summer Associate Programs," The Defense Line, Vol. 41, Issue 1, Summer 2013
• "Managing Litigation Risk: Practice Pointers 'From Soup To Nuts,'" Kristian M. Cross and Brian Comer, Association of Corporate Counsel South Carolina Chapter Newsletter, Dec. 2012
• "Dorothy, You're Not in Law School Anymore" (Contributing Editor), South Carolina Lawyer, Feb. 2011
• 2010 Tort Law Desk Reference - A Fifty State Compendium (Contributing Editor)
• 2009 Tort Law Desk Reference - A Fifty State Compendium (Contributing Editor)
• Richland County Bar Association
• South Carolina Bar
• South Carolina Black Lawyers Association
• South Carolina Judicial Merit Selection Commission
• South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
• Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands (Vice President)
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Governor Haley appoints Mike Campbell as Interim Commissioner
Kristian Bell, July 24, 2014
Governor Nikki Haley is appointing Mike Campbell to the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission to fill the vacancy left by Commissioner Andrea Roche. Commissioner Roche announced her resignation and decision to return to private practice on July 1, 2014 to the surprise and sadness...
|Profile Visibility |
|#2 in weekly profile views out of 42 lawyers in Lancaster, South Carolina|
|#104,423 in weekly profile views out of 1,708,981 total lawyers Overall|