Kristine Feher's practice focuses on employment discrimination and wrongful discharge litigation arising under employment laws such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, the Conscientious Employee Protection Act and the New Jersey Family Leave Act. She also has experience in breach of contract, wrongful discharge and related tort actions.
In addition, Kristine assists clients in a variety of labor and employment matters including workplace training, drafting policies and handbooks, wage and hour compliance, terminations, reductions in force, employment-based immigration, and defending Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and state fair employment practice agency charges.
Areas of Concentration
· Employment litigation
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, Morris County Bar Association
· Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
· Member, New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Legal 500 United States, 2013
· Member, Winning Team, New Jersey Law Journal's "General Litigation Department of the Year" Award, 2013
· Team Member, Lexology's Client Choice Award USA & Canada, United States: New Jersey, 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2011-2013
· Team Member, Law360 "Employment Practice Group of the Year," 2011
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, New Jersey Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2006-2009
· Listed, Benchmark: Litigation, the Definitive Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys, 2009
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Tried jury case involving claims of breach of contract, implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing and tortious interference to unanimous verdict in favor of employer both on plaintiff's claims and on counterclaim for damages against plaintiff.
· Co-tried multi-plaintiff discrimination and retaliation case.
· Argued appeals before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
· As co-leader of the defense team, defeated a claim for certification of a proposed class action alleging a nation-wide practice of age discrimination in force reductions, and defended that decision on appeal.
· Represented employers in class-action wage and hour suits.
· Obtained summary judgment in multiple cases alleging race discrimination and related claims against corporate clients in New Jersey and New York courts.
· As local counsel, assisted in obtaining dismissal of a discrimination and retaliation case filed against a corporate client based upon the plaintiff's failure to appear for his deposition.
· Enforced an oral settlement agreement entered into with a plaintiff after plaintiff sought to rescind the agreement. Plaintiff asserted claims relating to stock options in federal court in the District of New Jersey.
· Obtained dismissals and findings of "no probable cause" in numerous employment discrimination charges filed with the EEOC and various state fair employment practice agencies.
· Assisted corporate clients in employment-based immigration matters, including obtaining temporary work authorization and/or permanent residence for foreign workers, compliance with I-9 (employment verification) requirements, internal audits, and audits by agencies.
· Counseled clients on employment law issues including layoffs, compliance and anticipated employment actions. Also conducted training, including prevention of workplace harassment and compliance with leave and disability laws at client sites and seminars.
· Reviewed and revised client handbooks, contracts, employment policies, offer letters and applications.
° Certain of the above representations were handled by Ms. Feher prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Featured, "Q&A With Greenberg Traurig's Kristine Feher," Law360, June 20, 2013
· Mentioned, "The Best Blend of Practices: Greenberg Traurig Puts its Collective Brainpower to Work in New Jersey," New Jersey Law Journal, April 1, 2013
· Quoted, "Quirky quitting techniques mark some job departures," USA Today, November 15, 2011
· Author, "How to Handle Alcoholic Employees," Benefits and Compensation Solutions, October 1998
· Presenter, "Mean Girls in the Hallways and Bad Boys in the Lunchroom... What Employers Can Do When Bullies Come to Work," NJCCA's Spring Reception, West Orange, NJ, May 16-17, 2012
· Presenter, "ADA Compliance in the Employee Lifecycle," New Jersey "Taking Care of Business" Breakfast Series, February 16, 2012
· Lectured, "Employment Law Issues in Force Reductions," NYU School of Continuing Education, New York, NY, 2010
· Speaker, "FMLA Master Class," hosted by M. Lee Smith publishing, Newark, NJ, 2009