Practice/Industry Group Overview
Kutak Rock attorneys represent clients in civil, criminal and administrative litigation in all facets of the health care industry. We provide focused legal advice to health care clients in litigation, investigations and other actual or potential disputes with private and governmental adversaries. We also provide proactive compliance and risk management counseling to health care clients in order to mitigate, avoid or narrow potential exposure to clients. Firm health care litigators, including former senior prosecutors or regulatory officials, coordinate with the firm’s corporate health care practice to provide an integrated, multifaceted representation for all of our health care clients, such as:
- National and regional hospital systems.
- Rural hospitals.
- Physician practice groups, ambulatory surgical centers and medical imaging and dialysis providers.
- Long-term care facilities (national, local, nonprofit and for-profit).
- Home health agencies (national, local, nonprofit and for-profit).
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy providers (national, local, nonprofit and for-profit).
- Individual medical professionals.
- Pharmacies (national, local and independent).
- Licensing agencies
We assist each of these clients on a variety of matters within the health care field. From internal and governmental investigations to employee benefits disputes and disciplinary proceedings, our attorneys provide the spectrum of legal services to include:
- False Claims Act litigation.
- Defending hospitals and other providers sued by employees, vendors, government agencies and others.
- Internal and governmental investigations and litigation relating to reimbursement, Anti-Kickback, Stark, Medicare and Medicaid issues, and other state and federal civil and criminal laws.
- Administrative actions and appeals, including licensure disputes, bid protests and provider exclusions, suspensions and debarment.
- Complex litigation representing hospitals and systems in commercial, securities and employee benefits litigation (including class actions).
- Medical staff bylaws, credentialing, peer review proceedings and related litigation
- Religious organization and charitable exemptions.
- Medical record subpoenas, motions to quash and proper disclosure processes.
- Facility and individual licensure.
- Reimbursement disputes and administrative appeals.