Practice/Industry Group Overview
Our team of commercial lending attorneys provides comprehensive expertise for national and regional commercial, merchant and investment banks and non-bank lenders, including insurance companies, pension funds, credit enhancers, mortgage conduits, loan servicers and REITs. We understand the approaches and requirements of complex financings valued by sophisticated lenders.
By working closely with clients at every stage of the transaction, from term sheet through closing, our attorneys offer practical advice regarding loan structuring issues, due diligence risks, negotiation of transaction documents, analysis of credit risks and security, cash management issues and intercreditor arrangements. We routinely collaborate with experts in other areas of the firm to provide our clients with in-depth and decisive recommendations and potential alternatives.
In addition, our team facilitates the tempo of each transaction and we manage the counterparties who are involved to keep transactions moving in an efficient manner. These project management skills, paired with our expertise, enable our attorneys to effectively assist lenders in multi-state transactions and portfolio deals.
Clients have relied on our commercial lending team in the following areas:
- Commercial real estate mortgage finance;
- Construction and permanent lending;
- Commercial and industrial lending;
- Tax credit financing;
- Tax-exempt loans;
- Community development and affordable housing lending;
- Collateralized mortgage obligations and other asset-backed securities; securitization of mortgages, commercial leases and other assets; capital market debt (public offerings and private placements);
- Franchise financing;
- Sale-leaseback transactions;
- Leveraged leasing;
- Letters of credit;
- Subordinate debt and mezzanine lending;
- Syndication or participation financings and underwriting;
- Loan assumptions;
- Acquisition and disposition of distressed loan assets;
- Bank and savings institution acquisitions, savings institution conversions, and matters relating to insolvent financial institutions;
- Loan workout, restructuring and foreclosure;
- Real estate owned asset management; and
- Special servicing arrangements.