|Contact Info||Telephone: 650-342-9600|
|Mailing Address||216 Park Road, Burlingame, California, 94010|
|University ||Carleton College, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa|
|Law School||Stanford University, J.D.|
|Memberships ||San Mateo County Bar Association (Business Law Section, Former Co-Chair); State Bar of California (Member, Business Law Section)|
With 35+ years of experience in corporate and business law, Mike has served as general counsel to a wide range of businesses. His practice encompasses every aspect of business, corporate, and contract law, from business formation through all stages of growth and dissolution of relationships or contracts. He has proven, hands-on experience handling complex transactional work involving business mergers, acquisitions, sales, and divestitures for companies in services, manufacturing, retail, wholesale, waste management, health care and technology. Mike also advises individual clients on buy-sell agreements relating to personal financial and estate issues.
- Business formation and dissolution
- Sales and divestitures
- Devising a stock option plan for a professional group consisting of 20+ principals allowing for an increase of ownership by senior employees.
- Negotiating the merger of a family-owned business with a larger, related business serving the same industry; the resolution provided liquidity for the family business owners and increased the merged business' profitability and market presence.
- Negotiating and documenting the sale of a scavenger company to a publicly held company.
- Assisting in the design and structure of an ownership transition for the sole owner of a professional group.
- Designing and drafting the terms of buyout agreements among owners of closely-held companies to ensure the long-term stability of the business, while fully anticipating the transitions individual owners might desire in the future.
- Dividing a major corporate business into two family-owned businesses to resolve intra-family disputes.
- Documenting the merger of two professional firms.
- Advising owners in the sale of a closely held trucking company.
- Peninsula Golf & Country Club
- Elder Care Alliance
- Rotary Club of Belmont
Board Director & Former President
- PilotLegis RPG
- St. Matthew's Episcopal Day School Board of Trustees
- The Day School Foundation
Former Board Member and Officer
- United Cerebral Palsy Association, Santa Clara/San Mateo Counties
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent™
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#37 in weekly profile views out of 401 lawyers in Burlingame, California|
|#109,102 in weekly profile views out of 1,692,898 total lawyers Overall|