- Federal Contracting
|University ||The Pennsylvania State University, B.A.|
|Law School||Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude|
|Admitted||1995, Pennsylvania and New Jersey; U.S. Court of Federal Claims|
LANE F. KELMAN is a Partner in the Construction Group of Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC. He has an active and diverse construction litigation practice. He represents developers, general contractors, construction managers and the different trades in complex matters ranging from bid protests, contract negotiations and claim prevention & management. Lane's practice areas envelop private and public sector projects and include an emphasis in Federal Contracting.
Lane is a frequent contributor to the Firm's Federal Construction Contracting blog and Construction Law Signal.
· Environmental Information Association (EIA) - Board Member
· Delaware Valley Green Building Council (DVGBC)
· U.S. Green Building Council New Jersey Chapter
Lane's engagements demonstrate the diversity of his construction practice and include:
· The termination of a subcontractor and prosecution of a delay claim for the general contractor on a project owned by the Department of Navy.
· Consultation with a subcontractor regarding compliance with the Buy American Act and Transportation of Supplies by Sea requirements in flow-down provisions from a general contractor on a U.S. Air Force project.
· Representation of a general contractor for its claims of delay, inefficiency and improper termination at a five (5) party mediation.
· Drafting and negotiation of a prime contract and subcontracts for a multi-million dollar renovation and rehabilitation project.
· Guidance to a design-builder regarding progress payment issues with a private-sector project owner and insulation from subcontractors and delay claims.
· Delay and inefficiency claim management of a trade contractor on an ongoing multi-prime public school project.
Awards & Recognition
· Lane has achieved an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating for professional ethical standards and legal ability by Martindale-Hubbell.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Renewable Energy Construction: Moving into Federal Buildings
Lori Wisniewski Azzara,Jennifer Budd,Lane F. Kelman, January 3, 2014
In recent years, concepts such as “green construction” and “renewable energy” seem to have become almost commonplace. In what is perhaps an effort to lead the world by example in these areas, President Barack Obama recently issued a Presidential Memorandum that calls upon...
Greenbuild 2013: Exhibitors and Attendees Leave Philadelphia Re-Energized
Jennifer Budd,Lane F. Kelman, December 2, 2013
As the Greenbuild 2013 posters, web cafés and stages are removed from the Convention Center in Philadelphia, attendees and exhibitors from across the country have been reenergized in thinking about green building, sustainability and resiliency. From November 18-22, Philadelphia was painted...
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,700 in weekly profile views out of 15,772 lawyers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|#137,516 in weekly profile views out of 1,509,349 total lawyers Overall|