The firm of Lanier Ford Shaver & Payne P.C. is the result of a 1988 merger between two of Huntsville's oldest law firms. At the time of the merger, the two firms were name-
- Lanier, Shaver & Herring
- Ford, Caldwell, Ford & Payne
Lanier Shaver & Herring's predecessor firms, beginning with Milton H. Lanier, Sr.'s solo practice, began service to the community in 1899. The predecessor firms to Ford Caldwell Ford & Payne began when Earle Ford opened a solo practice in Huntsville in 1916. As separate entities, these two firms provided effective representation to their clients and were active leaders of the legal community in Madison County throughout the 20th century.
Upon the merger of the two firms in 1988, Lanier Ford Shaver & Payne, P.C. became the fifteenth largest law firm in Alabama (then with 25 members) and has grown into a full-service law practice fully prepared to meet the needs of its clients in the 21st century.
Lanier Ford Shaver & Payne is a full-service law firm in Huntsville, Alabama. With more than 39 attorneys, we are the largest law firm in northern Alabama.
All of our attorneys are admitted to practice in Alabama and are able to provide legal services in all Alabama Courts. Several of attorneys are admitted to practice in Tennessee and are able to provide services in all Tennessee courts.