- Complex, Class Action & MDL
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury Defense
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Food & Beverage
- Hospitality & Leisure
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device
|University ||University of Missouri, Columbia, Bachelor of Music, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa Society member, Pi Kappa Lambda National Music Honor Society member, 2005|
|Law School||University of Missouri - Columbia School of Law (J.D., Lead Articles Editor, Journal of Dispute Resolution, Dean’ s List, 2008)|
|Admitted||2008, Missouri; 2009, Illinois; USDC, Eastern District of Missouri; USDC, Southern District of Illinois; U.S. Court of Federal Claims|
Laura Bettenhausen received her Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri — Columbia School of Law. She was the Lead Articles Editor of the Journal of Dispute Resolution. Her practice includes the areas of products liability, premises liability, general negligence, and insurance. She also has participated in class action litigation and has experience in cases involving commercial disputes. She has successfully represented clients in three bench trials (Missouri and Illinois), each resulting in a Judgment in favor of Defendant. Laura has provided legal advice to a large local organization regarding its policies and procedures in an effort to improve internal operations and reduce its liability exposure.
Memberships & Activities
• The Women Lawyers' Association of Greater St. Louis
• The Lawyers Association of St. Louis
• Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- MODL Trial Academy, 2012
• Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Young Lawyers Division, Board Member, 2014
• The Illinois Bar
• The Missouri Bar
Publications & Presentations
• Chapter 2 Missouri Litigation Settlements, (MoBar 2nd Ed., 2009 Cumulative Supplement)(Contributor).
• Note, The FAA and the USERRA: Pro-Arbitration Policies Can Undermine Federal Protection of Military Personnel, 2007 J. Disp. Resol. 267.
• Note, Sacrificing Settlement Agreements in the Name of Mediation Confidentiality: The California Supreme Court's Narrow Holding has Harsh Consequences, 2007 J. Disp. Resol. 567.
Judgment attained for attending obstetrician in birth injury case.
BSCR obtained a jury verdict in favor of our client, The Doctors Company, after a week-long trial. The case had been filed and dismissed on two prior occasions when BSCR attorneys were able to negate or nullify the expert testimony of plaintiffs. On the third attempt...
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Strict Compliance with the Missouri Health Care Affidavit Statute is a Must
Laura J. Bettenhausen, June 18, 2014
In a procedurally convoluted case entitled Mayes v. St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City, the Missouri Supreme Court has issued a straightforward warning to medical malpractice plaintiffs: strict compliance with the health care affidavit requirement of Mo.Rev.Stat. § 538.225 is mandatory....
|Profile Visibility |
|#278 in weekly profile views out of 8,648 lawyers in St. Louis, Missouri|
|#49,394 in weekly profile views out of 1,515,714 total lawyers Overall|